Spam pop-ups

Popping up every 3-4 minutes, closing out the site.

Tried a screen shot, but would not upload using attachments.

"AD COUNCIL "Keep America Beautiful"

Recycle"

was the one I got a pic of

The mtn man

Me too, only on this site.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
The only thing I've found that works with any consistency is turning off Java script. It's a pain but I can't view the site otherwise.

I did some searching and found a download called "adblock plus" that seems to be working. I believe you have to also have google chrome installed to accept it

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
This one is relentless!

Took forever to get on the forum!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 489

six

It seems to be getting worse. Used to be just on my phone, now I have trouble navigating around the site even on my laptop.

rhardy

I was having the same problem on just this site, would block out hole page. What i did an it worked don't know why. I logged out of site then logged back in an haven't had it pop up again

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Installed Adblock plus on iPhone and iPad today. Seems to be working great. Thanks Elfiii! They had practically shut me down.

jimmyb

Pop ups

It's ridiculous,I screen shot it but it will not upload in 10 minutes. Help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-06-13-07-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-06-13-07-34.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 313

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Installed Adblock plus on iPhone and iPad today. Seems to be working great. Thanks Elfiii! They had practically shut me down.

Same here. I got it on everything now. No more ads, no more redirects. Life is gooood!:cool:

GunnSmokeer

Every 30 seconds here I'm being redirected to the iPhone App Store or to some SPAM ad site.
It is intolerable.
And it's ONLY here at the GON forum.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Not sure what the differences are between the the 2 ad-blockers (AdBlock and AdBlock Plus) but I've been using AdBlock for a few years now and it has been great. Can't imagine surfing the web without it.

https://getadblock.com

jdgator

An attacker used a brute force attack to guess an admin's credentials and then modified one or more php scripts so that they redirect to his ads.

Elfiii, there should be a log file associated with the site's web hosting account. It will be a small text file. If you can send me that log, I can tell you which scripts were modified by the attacker and which admin account needs a new password. Send me a PM if I can be of assistance.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
An attacker used a brute force attack to guess an admin's credentials and then modified one or more php scripts so that they redirect to his ads.

Elfiii, there should be a log file associated with the site's web hosting account. It will be a small text file. If you can send me that log, I can tell you which scripts were modified by the attacker and which admin account needs a new password. Send me a PM if I can be of assistance.

Thanks. We got "Top Men" (Brandon on here) working on it. As quick as one gets stopped another one takes it's place. While the staff at GON play whack a mole the only fix here is to get Adblock or Adblockplus. The good news is both work on every website that has pop ups.

Big changes are coming here in the not too distant future but until the bit pushers get all of that worked out we can't talk about it much.