Light Mounted

Allen Oliver

Got me a green light for some night time Pig hunting. Mounted it on my Thunderchild today. Believe it is going to work just fine. Shot the bow and it has not affected my point of impact. Hopefully going to give it a trip to the woods this Friday. Mike since you have used one is it better to have it mounted high or close to your hand around the sight window? Mounted mine right at the sight window. Going to go out tonight and see if I can hit anything.:cheers:

Attachments

• 20150729_160609.jpg
    20150729_160609.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 20150729_160408.jpg
    20150729_160408.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 215

Barry Duggan

Looks good Allen. I bought one of them great northern type strap on gismos from Large James, at the state shoot. Get's old taping and un-taping my flashlight on and off my bow.
One thing I can tell you is it needs to be shining in the right direction.:rolleyes:

dm/wolfskin

Oh, you got the 250 on there. Just make sure your light is on the spot you're wanting to hit at full draw. I would push the light intensity down when stalking in for the shot. I think your light has 3 levels of brightness.

Allen Oliver

Oh, you got the 250 on there. Just make sure your light is on the spot you're wanting to hit at full draw. I would push the light intensity down when stalking in for the shot. I think your light has 3 levels of brightness.

Light only has one setting. Just got in from shooting. What a diffrence. Going to take some practice.

scott30415

The one I have has a corded switch that you can use if you want. Never thought about the bow but this has me thinking.

Allen Oliver

:biggrin3:Much better outcome shooting tonight. Really bugged me that I was shooting low. Thought real hard about it and I figured out that I was concentrating to much on the center spot of the light. I got good shots out to 18.5 yards tonight.

Todd Cook

:biggrin3:Much better outcome shooting tonight. Really bugged me that I was shooting low. Thought real hard about it and I figured out that I was concentrating to much on the center spot of the light. I got good shots out to 18.5 yards tonight.

I predict pork chops.

Allen Oliver

If the pigs are out I will be slinging some wood at them Todd. I need to get a pig with my longbow. Killed a few with the wheeled bow and a couple with a rifle.

dpoole

bring your set up to SGTP next weekend

dm/wolfskin

Some lights have a screw in tail cap that screws into the riser insert. You just need to make sure the light is pointing to your spot at full draw. Might have to wedge something to get it to align right.
Mine looks a little awkward but I can make it work. It doesn't go through thick stuff or corn stalk too easy. Sorry I'm causing ya'll such a problem.:huh:facepalm:

Here's a picture of Bert's set up. His insert is line up for the light . This is one of his home made recurves. The tail cap has a wire that has the switch on the end. You can see the wire. Hope this helps and gives ya'll some ideas.

Also I have a AMS Bowfishing Traditional Mount Adapter to mount my camera and light apparatus on to my longbow. I'm not going to drill a hole into my Shrew to put a stabilizer insert.

Attachments

• oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 003.jpg
    oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 003.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 103
  • P5171054.jpg
    P5171054.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Munkywrench

I taped a flashlight onto my bow and went out tonight. I put it on the right side of the bow just above the window and it was dead on when I aimed at something. I shot a few times to see if it was loud or anything and all was fine. Headed out to the woods and it was nice, but I got winded before I got a chance to REALLY test it. On my way back to the truck I shot at a pine cone and all went dark. I turn it back on and check to see if it's hitting the button and it is not, take another shot, same result. I had an identical light in my pocket so I checked it by slapping it into my hand and it stayed on after several hard hits. I then tapped the bottom against my hand and the light went out, it didn't take much at all for it to go out by tapping either end against my palm. Ive got a plan though. I'm gonna order a few things and build a little somethin somethin.
And I'm glad I didn't find this out sticking an arrow into some big gnarly boar