Bass Pro to Buy Cabelas!

killerv

Dangit, I was wondering where this buyout was at.

Hope they don't get the same folks to make the cabelas line of clothes as the redhead stuff. redhead sucks.

Midway is getting into the clothing market, I just purchased a couple jackets, pants from them. I'm having my fingers crossed that the quality is there like cabelas.

I found out a few days ago when I was trying to make an online order with Cabelas. For the first time ever, they charged me sales tax on my order:huh:

They only charge sales tax if they have a store in your state. There is no Cabelas in the state of Tennessee (what people call the Chattanooga store is actually in Georgia, geographically)

When I called to question CS about the tax, after having made another order only 10 days or so prior with NO TAX, I was told that the deal is now complete and since there are Bass Pro Stores in Tennessee, they now charge sales tax from Cabelas online now as well. DARN! I had saved sales tax on two rifle purchases of about $1,000 each previously (almost $100 each), but that cannot happen any more.

whchunter

Academy

I'll buy at Academy till BPS buys them too

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Acadamy for me all the way!

sea trout

Game winner!!!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Game winner!!!

Dude, I hope you're kidding. I've got some Game Winner bibs and a parka that I like very much, but it's not remotely in the same league as any of the Cabelas branded gear I've bought over the last 20 years.

sea trout

Dude, I hope you're kidding.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yes but kinda no......
We have growing kids that need a new size pair boots every year......so game winner is the poor mans friend for that matter.
Other than that I buy ammo from acadamy, scope bases, no smell spray, and bullfrog mosquito coast.
The name brand things Iwould buy else where are cheaper at acadamy!!!:smash:

Bam Bam

Academy is Convenient, it's like a Dollar General Sporting Goods Store(I Like It) Bass Pro and Cabelas is Like Shopping at a Mall(I Like Both of Them Too)

I Shop at All of Them and Buy from All of Them! Gander Mt is Proud of All their Stuff(To High) Not a Fan of Gander!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Academy is Convenient, it's like a Dollar General Sporting Goods Store

Perfectly summed up! I've got 3 little ones too. I don't see the point in buying a $90 pair of boots for my 3 year old to outgrow in 6 months. My wife did this by the way. I nearly choked.

Tmpr111

I’ve been to Sydney, to attend construction meetings inside the corp office. This will be a sad day for that small town. It’s built around this business, many having lived there for years. Meaning, it’s not some place where you stay put and just find another job, you’ll have to leave most likely.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I know people always say Gander Mountain is too high and I don't disagree. But they have always had pretty much whatever I needed. There was a Gander Mountain store not too far from me so that's where I bought my stuff. The nearest Bass Pro Shop is farther and so is Academy. There is also a Dick's Sporting Goods about the same distance away and their outdoor section ain't bad. I have just never cared for getting stuff online very much. I had heard Gander Mountain was coming back (the store near here closed along with a bunch of others) as Gander Outdoors. I don't know how true that is.

shdw633

I know people always say Gander Mountain is too high and I don't disagree. But they have always had pretty much whatever I needed. There was a Gander Mountain store not too far from me so that's where I bought my stuff. The nearest Bass Pro Shop is farther and so is Academy. There is also a Dick's Sporting Goods about the same distance away and their outdoor section ain't bad. I have just never cared for getting stuff online very much. I had heard Gander Mountain was coming back (the store near here closed along with a bunch of others) as Gander Outdoors. I don't know how true that is.

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/store-locator/list/

ALB

BP will destroy Cabelas! I think BP corporate Business Plan of taking over companies and re-branding their products is flawed. I don't buy BP brands and I know very few who do. Eventually they will be in big trouble.