Bass Pro to Buy Cabelas!

Joe Brandon

Cabelas is good quality stuff and rock-solid customer service. BPS sucks.

Man I agree. I have purchased two firearms and a bow from Cabelas. Why? Because they always have time for mee no matter how busy the store is. I can't say the same for Bass though I love them as well. I will miss that customer service.

Dusty Roads

Pro Bass Gift Cards

I have some Pro Bass gift cards.....wonder if Cabela will honor them?

kiltman

I have some Pro Bass gift cards.....wonder if Cabela will honor them?

The sale is still subject to govt approval. Per the Cabela's CEO, the sale won't be final until spring 2017.

livetohunt

Yes. I have never bought a bad-quality product that said "Cabelas" on it. And I've got a lot of it.

Me too. I still have Cabelas clothing I wear hunting that is 15 years old. Very sad day when Cabelas is gone.

MudDucker

Staff member
Very interesting!

Luckybuck

Remember when Gander Mountain sales catalog went away, think back then that Cabelas had something to do with this. Always like the Gander Mountain catalog, great products and prices. Gander has since opened some retail stores around the U S.

kiltman

Remember when Gander Mountain sales catalog went away, think back then that Cabelas had something to do with this. Always like the Gander Mountain catalog, great products and prices. Gander has since opened some retail stores around the U S.

Funny you should mention them. They're filing for bankruptcy this month. At least, that's what the little birdie says.....

biggdogg

I've never seen much traffic in a Gander Mountain retail store.

Got a Gander just a few minutes from the house. Great place to go and handle a firearm of interest. Then shop around for it. They're usually $75-$125 more than most places on guns. Only gun I ever bought there was an S&W M&P Sport II that was on sale and in stock. Most everything else in the store can be bought cheaper one exit down I-75 at Academy.

I'm curious as to whether the Cabela's is still going to go forward in Henry County now.

Farm Club

There is a Gander mountain store at the same exit Target is at locust grove north of the Tanger outlet. I bought a sausage stuffer there about 2 years ago saved about $150 over BP. I get up that way a couple times a year to visit my son. If my wife goes to the target I go to Gander Mountain.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Personally, I hope that deal NEVER happens as I love Cabelas and I have spent a lot of money with them over the years. It helps to have a store only 6 miles from me too.

Cabelas has great, friendly service and a fantastic return policy if you are not satisfied. I order a lot of things while on sale from them and have it shipped to their store for pick-up. The process works just like clock-work too. I enjoy dealing with their personnel as it is hassle-free. As for Bass-Pro store locations in Georgia and Texas, I have never really found any true "deals" at their stores and their personnel don't seem capable of answering your questions very well either. These two competitors are "night and day" different to me.

As for comments regarding Gander Mountain, I also have one of them just 5 minutes away BUT I will do my best to never buy anything from them. Everything appears to be way over priced on any items that I had any interest in. Over the past few years, it seems that there is nobody that knows anything about anything there when I inquired about any details on things such as shoes, boots, guns, scopes, game cameras etc. There was absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MY OPINION so that is why I try not to even visit their store anymore.

For now, I am very happy with Cabelas and Academy Sports for the various items that I am looking to purchase. :cheers::cheers:

BUCKFAT

Maybe I missed this. I knew they were talking but I see it official. Basspro bought Cabela's for 4 billion dollars. Was online shopping basspro and got a message to shop at Cabela's while basspro had high volume on there site.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 546

Matthewmathis8

I live in GA near the newer bass pro they built in Chattanooga. I ask about buying s pistol from them since I live out of state bass Pri said I could buy it from them and they would ship it across the road to the Cabelas in GA and I could pick it up from them since they now owned them.