42lb Monster Striper caught in GA

Caught this beast recently on a small lake in GA.
Large shad on a planer board. Come fish with me!
23550209_497928250586622_7310016377792116335_o.jpg

23550322_497928337253280_4002133028694717123_o.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
Please say you didn't put that thing back in a small lake.
(or any lake for that matter)

Great catch!

The mtn man

That's a goodun!

Big7

The Oracle
They are non-native fish.
They do not belong here.
They eat everything in the lake.

I will never put one back no matter
the size. 6" or 6'.

My catch and release policy on them is simple.
Catch and release into some grease.

Same goes for flatheads.

Last edited:

AStrick

LQQks like Lake Juliet?
Don't answer ! Unless it's a resounding NO!
I mess up a few years back with a Big Ceder Creek post!
For 2 months you would need a traffic cop!
Nize fish!
Fo Sho!

No not on Juliet. This fish is probably close to 50 lbs. now after eating a few buckets on dead shad. I hope to catch her again when she's 65lbs. :)

snapdog

Astrick

Anyone whoever finds or is told about a small area like the one you mentioned and then tells the social media world just guaranteed it's death. Those are easily fished to death by people who did not do anything to get there. THEN next year they wonder what happened to their great place to fish.

cumberland

If you find a well kept secret fishery, my advice is to fish it every time you go fishing and forget about other lakes for a while, because it is just a matter of time till something like GON Forums spreads it far and wide and changes it forever.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
If you find a well kept secret fishery, my advice is to fish it every time you go fishing and forget about other lakes for a while, because it is just a matter of time till something like GON Forums spreads it far and wide and changes it forever.

Too late! Me and Mtn Man went early this morning and boated a cooler full. Striper chunks in LCB tonight!!!

The mtn man

Do you know how many lakes in WNC have trout like the one you sent me the PM about? I'll answer, A bunch... I doubt a few kayak fishermen will fish out yours..

The mtn man

That's a nottley fish and I have cought some nice ones on that spot

I saw that picture you posted the other day on your page, that was a sho nuff goodun... was the fish posted by the OP caught near where I got beat up by the big one from my kayak?

Cletus T.

Are we all talking about the striper in the avatar of the OP? I don’t see a picture posted in the first post?

It’s a monster striper for sure……congrats to the angler.