finnaly

Permitchaser

ill get back to the story soon
I've been turkey hunt most of my adult life. Got lots of fan,feet,beard plaques and a life size mount. But I've been guiding others including my grandsons for the last 15-20 years. Check out "youth day success"
So this year I thought I'd get back to guiding myself

I've been turkey hunting about 7 times this year without hearing a bird
Today I went down and set up with my 3 decoys. Called for awhile and thought I heard a gobble way off but it did not gobble again. It was nice so I took a nap. After I started calling again and I heard that long off gobble so I started calling again. I was just about to get up and go to that long away bird but heard a shock gobble about 100 yards away to my right. It continued to answer my calls. Then it started cutting me off so I knew he was coming in. I first saw him behind me to the right, strutting. He came in too my right where I could have shot him but I waited till he got in to the decoys which he did then BOOM!
Another tail, feet beard

Attachments

• IMG_5856.JPG
    IMG_5856.JPG
    348.1 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_5857.JPG
    IMG_5857.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 599
Last edited:

wooly

Congrats on a great hunt and nice bird!

wvdawg

Staff member
Congrats!

Permitchaser

I'm probably not going to shoot another. Just guide my friends and grandsons. I shot this one to make wing bone calls. My grandson is full body mounting the bird he got this year so that bird was out now I have 2 sets of wing bones to try