DANG. They threw the book at that boy in iowa

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Yeah did you book direct or though a
Company that acts as a third party ?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Please understand that I'm not trying to place ANY of the blame for what happened on you or the other guys who were swindled. But I'm thinking you probably learned some lessons through the ordeal.

What advice do you have for others thinking of booking out of state hunts and/or what would you do differently (besides avoid this clown like the plague)?

Yeah did you book direct or though a
Company that acts as a third party ?

I won my hunt by buying a raffle ticket at the GON Blast here in Atlanta. I bought the ticket directly from him and spoke with him at length face to face. My buddy wanted to go hunt as well and he booked his hunt to go when I went. When the guy first started off he evidently had a decent thing going, but somewhere along the lines the train came off the rails. You can research and second guess yourself all you want, but in the end deceitful people will do deceitful things. There is inherit risk in anything you do. I also learned that the Iowa DNR isn't much help when it comes to things of this nature. They provided little to no assistance with the exception of coming out and interviewing all involved. If it had not been for the local deputies and the local DA he would not have been charged.

rstallings1979

I was lucky. I dealt with him back in 2011. He put us on a few decent farms during the week on a DIY hunt. EHD had hit the area and we only saw a few shooters in daylight hours. I did see one of the biggest deer ever on hoof in daylight hours though on one hunt. He seemed like a good guy and unfortunately I gave a few referrals> I never heard any issues out of the referrals thank goodness.

I'm calling BULL on that.

Stole 3k. Got 25 years. Really?
"Andrew Wulf was convicted of two counts of Second-Degree Theft
and one count of Ongoing Criminal Conduct."

Folks get way less than that for serious violent crimes.
(not saying he did right BUT 25 years. WOW)

No doubt!!!! Only way this is justifiable is you take all the murderers and rapist out back as soon as they are convicted and put a bullet in the head! People doing 10 years for murder and this guy is done for the rest of his life.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I won my hunt by buying a raffle ticket at the GON Blast here in Atlanta. I bought the ticket directly from him and spoke with him at length face to face. My buddy wanted to go hunt as well and he booked his hunt to go when I went. When the guy first started off he evidently had a decent thing going, but somewhere along the lines the train came off the rails. You can research and second guess yourself all you want, but in the end deceitful people will do deceitful things. There is inherit risk in anything you do. I also learned that the Iowa DNR isn't much help when it comes to things of this nature. They provided little to no assistance with the exception of coming out and interviewing all involved. If it had not been for the local deputies and the local DA he would not have been charged.

It'S not really a game and fish case it's a fraud and theft case

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Unicoidawg

Staff member
It'S not really a game and fish case it's a fraud and theft case

Involving deer hunting....... so yes it is a game and fish deal in my opinion. But it is what it is at this point.

Vaughn726

09/13/2013

TIPTON, Iowa - Andy Wulf, 29, of Tipton, owner of Whitetail Ridge Outfitter, pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting his clients to illegally hunt deer.

The case began with a call to the Turn in Poachers hotline in January that sent officers to a property near Buchanan in west central Cedar County. With the help of aerial surveillance, officers located piles of corn, alfalfa and minerals, and several individuals nearby.

Officers on the ground made contact with Ron Maguire, 48, of Grand Ledge, Mich., Blaine Burley, 47, of Wrightsville, Ga., and Robert Johnson, 51, of Oostburg, Wis., and Wulf, who was guiding the nonresidents that were clients of Whitetail Ridge Outfitters.

Maguire, Burley and Johnson were found guilty and each paid a $195 fine and forfeited their equipment.

As part of a plea deal, Wulf pleaded guilty of two counts of aiding and abetting hunting over bait, fined $195 for each count, and received a deferred prosecution of a third count. If Wulf violates any fish or game laws during the next year, he will be prosecuted on the third charge.

During the investigation, officers charged Tyler Tisue, 32, of Bettendorf, with a hunting violation on the same property.

Vaughn726

June 29, 2011

Cedar County Historical Society recently inked a $65,000, five-year deal to allow hunters onto its 560-acre property to manage wildlife.

CCHS turned to wildlife management groups five years ago and, with Kron’s help, Andy Wulf of Tipton and CCHS signed a one-year, $10,000 contract mostly so CCHS could see how Wulf managed the land. Wulf planted food plots and drew even more deer to the land, making it even more attractive to hunters.

CCHS also kept to one-year contracts to see if other outfitters would offer more competitive prices, but Wulf continued to rise to the top of the list and last year upped his price to $12,000.

The new contract brings in $12,000 for the first year, starting Sept. 1, and increases by $500 a year until it reaches $14,000 in the fifth year. The contract ends April 30, 2016.

rance56

Blaine burley owns a guide service an is on the tecomate tv show. I don’t remember him getting in the news for this. Usually the tv personalities catch a lot of grief an rightfully so. He should of knew better

livetohunt

$195 is not even a slap on the wrist...Unfortunately, some outfitters turn to bait in order to help clients see more deer. In Illinois, they broadcast corn or beans into the harvested field. Very hard to catch them unless caught in the act. Looks like Blaine Burley didn't suffer any repercussions from his 2013 charge. He is still on TV.