DANG. They threw the book at that boy in iowa

Unicoidawg

Staff member
He should have gotten more considering they didn't use all of our cases. They only used 3 guys out of about 40 that he had dealt with. Hopefully they deny his appeal.

rance56

Not saying he should got less, but 25 years is plenty. If he serves it all he will go in at 34 an come out at 59. That’s most all of your adult life. Bet he has some serious regrets

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Not saying he should got less, but 25 years is plenty. If he serves it all he will go in at 34 an come out at 59. That’s most all of your adult life. Bet he has some serious regrets

He will never serve even half of the sentence. Word is from friends up there is that the sentence is usually cut in half, so yes he should have gotten more. The DA dropped the ball because there were a lot more victims who wanted their stories included. He is a habitual liar and a con man. He knew what he was doing so I have zero sympathy for him.

livetohunt

Didn't he have other violations in addition to his outfitting cons that were not related to hunting at all? I think that is why he got 25 years.

deers2ward

We should do the same for tresspassers and poachers in GA. Wouldn't take but a few examples be made, and word would get out.

across the river

He won't serve half of that, so he deserved more. He willfully scamed people out of tens of thousands of dollars if not hundreds. I read somewhere he would abandon hunters that come in to hunt with him, put them on land that he didn't have permission to hunt, and on and on. Like others have said, this isn't his first run in with the law. If you get in trouble one and make efforts to do better after that, that is one thing. When you get in trouble but then continue to steal from people, you will likely never get better.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
He won't serve half of that, so he deserved more. He willfully scamed people out of tens of thousands of dollars if not hundreds. I read somewhere he would abandon hunters that come in to hunt with him, put them on land that he didn't have permission to hunt, and on and on. Like others have said, this isn't his first run in with the law. If you get in trouble one and make efforts to do better after that, that is one thing. When you get in trouble but then continue to steal from people, you will likely never get better.

Just from the ones I heard about it was close to 250k. He has been in trouble with the law for a few years now his grandmother would always get him out of it.

JackSprat

Odd, jumping of a guy in Iowa for not getting enough time.

When was the last time you heard on any one serving as much as a year in prison in Georgia for a state level G&F conviction (not federal)?

I know repeat offenders who consider the fines the cost of doing business. Had many a person tell me it's cheaper to pay the fine for hunting w/o permission than join a club - some of them people we caught on our lease.

And they were right. Spent many a night mulling over this.

Groan and moan over someone in Iowa "only" receiving a 25 year sentence, but let GA DNR seize one truck or bass boat, and they are jack booted thugs.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Groan and moan over someone in Iowa "only" receiving a 25 year sentence, but let GA DNR seize one truck or bass boat, and they are jack booted thugs.

I was actually one of the people involved so I do have a bit of interest in the whole deal........ This has nothing to do with GA DNR and nobody, but you even brought any of that up...

T-N-T

The story should have stated the level of theft....

It reads like he only stole $8,xxx and got 25 years.

Big7

The Oracle
I'm calling BULL on that.

Stole 3k. Got 25 years. Really?
"Andrew Wulf was convicted of two counts of Second-Degree Theft
and one count of Ongoing Criminal Conduct."

Folks get way less than that for serious violent crimes.
(not saying he did right BUT 25 years. WOW)

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Odd, jumping of a guy in Iowa for not getting enough time.

When was the last time you heard on any one serving as much as a year in prison in Georgia for a state level G&F conviction (not federal)?

I know repeat offenders who consider the fines the cost of doing business. Had many a person tell me it's cheaper to pay the fine for hunting w/o permission than join a club - some of them people we caught on our lease.

And they were right. Spent many a night mulling over this.

he was given a 25 year sentence for theft and fraud, not game and fish violations. It was just coincidental that he was a deer guide screwing his clients.
not to mention from the article he has history of similar transactions, thats never helpful at sentencing.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
He stole a lot. One group over 18k, another over 9k. One guy was hunting next to a backyard with kids playing. lol. Not a lot of info out there, I read through a couple of articles. Still lacking info.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I think he was made an example of

One of the other guys that I have became friends with was taken for $10k he had 2 hunts booked. Me and my buddy had over $4k invested and there were 7 other guys in that showed up that week alone. There is a lot more to the story than what little bit everyone is reading. The judge read and heard all these other testimonies, but the DA chose to only use 3 guys. Either way it's done and he will have his appeal process. Main thing is the dipwad won't be scamming folks for a little while.

JackSprat

he was given a 25 year sentence for theft and fraud, not game and fish violations. It was just coincidental that he was a deer guide screwing his clients.
not to mention from the article he has history of similar transactions, thats never helpful at sentencing.

Well, o.k. then

Thanks for explaining that.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
One of the other guys that I have became friends with was taken for $10k he had 2 hunts booked. Me and my buddy had over $4k invested and there were 7 other guys in that showed up that week alone. There is a lot more to the story than what little bit everyone is reading. The judge read and heard all these other testimonies, but the DA chose to only use 3 guys. Either way it's done and he will have his appeal process. Main thing is the dipwad won't be scamming folks for a little while.

thats not uncommon, take the few very best cases and hammer him, he won't get any more than what he got with a dozen more cases against him.

Had a guy that broke into (literally) dozens of cars over a several month period in a very small area . We FINALLY caught the guy red handed. I think he got charged with 2 or 3 counts that we had prints or stolen merchandise recovered from and they hammered him for those 3.

HuntinDawg89

I was actually one of the people involved so I do have a bit of interest in the whole deal........ This has nothing to do with GA DNR and nobody, but you even brought any of that up...

Please understand that I'm not trying to place ANY of the blame for what happened on you or the other guys who were swindled. But I'm thinking you probably learned some lessons through the ordeal.

What advice do you have for others thinking of booking out of state hunts and/or what would you do differently (besides avoid this clown like the plague)?