Gunslinger Tree Climber

joey1919

regular, I cant imagine the combo would be as comfortable as the original

Deerhead

I hunt 10 days in a row during the rut. I will not sit in another stand. My GS is so comfortable! If I did not have to eat or ... take a break. I would stay all day. Its better than my recliner. Now thats a thought... Just if I could set it up in my living room!

kidd1134

agree with Deerhead.... most comfortable made... I have 3... one heavy man and two regular GS... the heavy man is a little heavier but also a little wider and longer ( sits further from the tree ), awesome on an all day sit

harryrichdawg

Best stand on market. How do you guys go about painting y'all's and getting the paint to stay

Wipe down with acetone. Self-etching spray paint in the automotive section at WM. About $5 a can, OD or gray. Use SE paint as base coat. Stripe with cheap flat black. Turns out pretty good.

harryrichdawg

you can bow hunt out of the original just fine, I just keep the lower section a little closer to the seat section so that when I stand I clear the top rail easily

Yep. Only stand I hunt out of anymore. Bow, crossbow, or rifle. Other stands might be more convenient for bow/crossbow hunting, but none are as comfortable. I'd much rather be comfortable. I can set for 4+ hours without even standing, and I have gone all day a time or two with only standing up a time or two.

shdw633

Wipe down with acetone. Self-etching spray paint in the automotive section at WM. About $5 a can, OD or gray. Use SE paint as base coat. Stripe with cheap flat black. Turns out pretty good.

I am about to paint mine....thanks for the info!!! :cool:

yellowhammer73

does anyone know if they will be at the GON Blast?
And on another note where can I find a list of vendors for the Blast?
Thanks

mauser64

I have the combo. No problem napping if I have to.

brian lee

Wipe down with vineagar so the paint will not flake. I've had mine for 7 years with no flaking yet. My 1st one is still in just as good of shape. Gave it to the wife.

CassGA

How do you use a safety harness with a stand that faces the tree? I just got a deal on a new Gunslinger, but have concerns with the harness lanyard getting in the way.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
How do you use a safety harness with a stand that faces the tree? I just got a deal on a new Gunslinger, but have concerns with the harness lanyard getting in the way.

I added an extension to my hss. A little bit of a hassle. As safe as a gs is you still need to were a safety restraint

dannybuck

If you sand it down with an electric sander before you paint it, the paint will last for years. My first one is ten years old and has just a couple of scratches. A lot cheaper to get from his shop too if you're ever in Jacksonville, FL.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Very comfortable stands and you will enjoy it. Not really a stand you want to pack in and out all the time. I prefer Summit Vipers because I just don't like facing the tree.

jimboknows

I hunt 10 days in a row during the rut. I will not sit in another stand. My GS is so comfortable! If I did not have to eat or ... take a break. I would stay all day. Its better than my recliner. Now thats a thought... Just if I could set it up in my living room!

You can if you remove a little dry wall and expose 2 studs.:rofl:

medic1

That's me in a GS in my profile pic. Very comfortable. Gun for gun or bow. I had gun rests on one side and a bow holder on the other. I owned 3 but finally sold them because the reclining seat that makes it so comfortable got to causing me low-back pain after sitting in it for a few hours. Now all I have are Summit Vipers.