New baitcaster from Abu Garcia

lampern

Saw it at Walmart.

Can't remember the price.

Called the Max Winch reel.

Anyway something to look at.

Gunner308

The max winch is considered the less costly sibling of the Revo Toro winch. Low gear ratio providing a heavier cranking strength but slower reel speed. They are good for cranking DD22's or similar. The max series reels are really good for weekend warrior fisherman and can take quit a bit of abuse. The silver max, to me is just as smooth as my Revo STX's.

TripleXBullies

I dislike my Revo S. It COULD just be the rod I have it on has little action but it can't cast after various brake and spool tension combos.

I'm stuck on Curado 70s. I have an XG and HG. I love them both.

I actually just went to Cabelas for a new rod for the HG. I have a 13 Omen on the XG that is amazing. I didn't find anything I liked under $150. The 13 Omen Blacks they had weren't like mine - 7'1" medium fast cranking type rod.

Teh Wicked

TripleXBullies

The Z is all polymer bearingless bearing system. The reel itself isn't complete polymer. The difference is only the bearing wheel is replaced with a piece of plastic. Looking forward to trying them but doubt I'll make the move.

Bream Pole

I have several Ambassador reels all older models including the original red reels. I love them. I did buy a Garcia Bait Caster in Walmart several year ago being motivated by price. I took it apart to check crease and found nylon gears. No more of the walmart stuff for me.

TripleXBullies

My first bc was a black Abu that cost about $100 for the reel by itself. It was decent... But the $125 Revo S has turned me away now...

Teh Wicked

Lews reels are hard to beat...They go everything you want from affordable to fancy and they all perform pretty dang well.

toyota4x4h

Lews reels are hard to beat...They go everything you want from affordable to fancy and they all perform pretty dang well.

I love the speed spool mg lol. Its the cheapest they make I think. Ive also used some of the 200$ ones and they are awesome too. I tried some higher end quantums but don't like them at all. After about a season they develop some kinda whine when you cast and I cant get it out of them.