Quitman Co. Hunting reports !

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Trespasser (thief ) Update; The local sheriff has been most helpful.They are doing all they can, I'm sure there will be some results.......

buc101

I posted the pics you sent up at my camp and let the other member's know to keep an eye out. Were you able to get the tag number off the pics?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I posted the pics you sent up at my camp and let the other member's know to keep an eye out. Were you able to get the tag number off the pics?

Yes!! He got a citation today for the tag being on a car..:rofl: He was also told to stay off all private propery!
Next time we get a pic!! He will get arrested..:biggrin3:

bshadrick

here is two bucks that were killed during the 2013/14 deer season in Quitman county . thank you kmckinnie .
IMG_20140613_162122.jpg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Peas are up, joined bens club to expand my hunting land. It just tripled in size. Bens parents are some fine folks... I will hunt with them for a many years to come.

bshadrick

peas

I can say one thing you cannot grow any peas in this county they get up about four inches tall then they turn into stems over night . All know is come Sept.13 they will they pay for the peas. :shoot:

Old Crusty

I can say one thing you cannot grow any peas in this county they get up about four inches tall then they turn into stems over night . All know is come Sept.13 they will they pay for the peas. :shoot:

Agree. What food plot products do y'all use up here. Between the overgrazing, hogs, and the hard clay I've yet to have a nice looking food plot.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We lime & fertilize, we try to find richer soils some are in clay. It takes a lot of busting up disking with lime in clay. For the hogs we try to kill them all year long. Bens dad said we are around 60ty hogs killed in a year. Traps & night hunting over corn feeders. 1 fellow shoots hogs only. We use iron clay peas, will which to buck oats end of Sept.

Old Crusty

Thanks for the updates. Was up last weekend and discovered someone stole my feeder. It was a big Double D hog proof, so it must have taken two people:crazy:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Thanks for the updates. Was up last weekend and discovered someone stole my feeder. It was a big Double D hog proof, so it must have taken two people:crazy:

Its been going on in that area. Was it made of medal ? They been scape iron alot of things. Gates & stands are missing around us also. Call Quitman Co Sheriff to report it.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Hot & dry.. We mowed & harrowed a few spots. Put up a boxstand also. Ain't that right Ben .

bshadrick

fun in the sun

Here is the stand kmack and I put up with a little adult supervision from BKW and others :hammers: :yeah: :cheers:
securedownload[1].jpg