Quitman Co. Hunting reports !

mcguffey2

Hunted Friday-Sunday and saw no action. Scrapes and rubs all over. No chasing. I hunt on Hwy 39 north of Georgetown in Quitman County. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing any action.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I didn't hunt, it was slow but some bucks where seen, midday. They where filling feeders when seen crossing club roads. Go figure, full moon with noon time moving.

Old Crusty

I'll be up there the end of this week for a couple days. Looks like the rain will move out, and be clear and cool. Anybody have any rutting updates?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Saw chasing over the thanksgiving week end. I saw dufferent bucks everyday. Was there for a week. Bucks where checken one scape around the clock. Does where going to it also. No corn there just deer doing there thing.
G/L k

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We seen chasing last weekend also. Goingback this weekend to kill a olbiggen...... We hope!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I heard a chase this weekend, plenty of deer seen. Heard several shots, mostly in the evenings. Looks like folks shot mostly does by the carrasses left by some ol dirt roads. Hogs are there aswell.
Rained real good Sunday. Patches are green and being used.

Old Crusty

A nice 4 year old 11 point was shot on our lease the day after Christmas. He came into a foodplot to check some does. He musta been running hard the last few weeks he was pretty thin.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The bucks we've been getting over near the Chattahoochee River counties have been fat. So fat couldn't see the meat after skinning. And the hogs are fatter. Looks like deer season is going out with cold and bad weather. It's been a good season though, for our club. New hunters have done well, older members as well.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Congrads again on that ol buck,Son!

Well its hawg season now for us, looks like we have plenty to hunt.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I personnely think doe day need not come back in after Dec.1st.
I'm all for stopping everyone on our clubs from shooten one after that. Unless u have not got one yet and need a deer.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
O K it turkey season, and I think the cold may have slowed them down til now. I think that is good. We expect to kill a few with some hooks. Pics will follow as we do.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The birds have been picken up the pace now.Ifweather permits it should be a good openin weekend.

Old Crusty

Headed up there this weekend to plant foodplots. Hoping for rain

HOGDOG76

Anybody seen any rutting activity yet?

Was up last weekend and haven't seen any evidence of rut action yet. Got pics of bucks still hanging together and no pics of seeking bucks.

Old Crusty

I'm starting to see lots of scrapes show up, and more daytime buck movement on camera.