Hancock County Roll Call

Buckshot

I dont't think we have had an actual thread for just Hancock County. I have seen Hancock/Washington but not just Hancock only. Lets help each other out with any tips and information that you are willing to share. What i'm talking about is deer movement , food sources, and rutting activity throughout the season. We want to see your harvest pics and some of those trail cam pics of those big boys . Let us know if the rattlers are on the prowl. We don't want to know where your stand is but what part of the county you are in. I'm in Devereux. Been there for over 25years and I know how unpredictable the deer can be and I am willing to give all the info I can if it might help some of those young'uns get their chance at a big buck or just their first deer or some of those seasoned hunters have the best season ever. Thanks to all for sharing and hope everyone has a great season. It's just around the corner. Be Safe !!!

HM

We're off Hunt's Chapel on Pumping Station Rd, been on the same lease since 1989.

DeltaHalo

I'm currently looking for a hunt club around Linton area
Linton Road, Dixon Road, Godfrey Road areas if anyone knows of anything
Been hunting between Milledgeville and Sparta for a few years now, and would like to stay in the same area if at all possible
Thanks in advance

champ

Great to see a thread for Hancock! Appreciate You starting this up. Our club is on the county line, 15 South. Going on a 50yr old club now. We've been putting in the labor for the upcoming season and it looks like this will be a great season. Fawns running around everywhere, trees are in great shape for crop, browse is lush. There has been a lot of timber cuts going on all oround the entire county and it has the wildlife up and on the move.

DeltaHalo

If any of you guys know a club I could join, or a place i could lease a small tract, that would be great.
Looking around the Linton / Deepstep areas, east of milledgeville
Between M'ville and Sparta

Had to pull my stands off our lease 2 weeks ago...ugh
Thanks!

deerhuntingdawg

I'm on the Ogeechee River side of Hancock County. Just put out my first trail camera over there yesterday. We'll see!

shotgun01

My wife and I live in Gwinnett County, but have owned a place in Hancock County for over 16 years. We spend most weekends down there, pretty much year round. We are in the Culverton area, off of Hwy 16.

jtomczak

I'm on the Washington side of the Washington/Hancock line and do the Washington/Hancock thread every year.

Good luck this year folks!

swamp

Anyone hunt near the prison please pm me?

swamp

Where exactly is the prison? Is it close to browns chapel road?

Its a little north of your location. It is off Buffalo Road, Hit n Miss Hunt Club is across from me.

swamp

I went down. As soon as we finished our last hang on set the bottom fell out! Rain pretty steady and hard. Cant wait till Friday to get down and get ready.

hancock husler

Took the camper and got it set up and drank some beer with friends. Monday shot at some doves and hung my bow stand as the rain fell. Little buffalo creek should keep me company as I kill skeeters. Good luck to all this coming weekend

HM

Nice to hear it has rained, I haven't been in a couple of weeks. Be there this weekend

BigBrett

We are on ogeechee just out side of jewel. Plenty of acorns, plenty of rain and plots are jumping.

Stumper

I've been hunting near Sparta (Devereux) for the past 10 yrs, deer were moving pretty good this opening weekend, does & small bucks were seen. The acorns are starting to drop in certian areas on our club, crabapple trees did'nt produce this year and we started seeing scrapes.

Last edited: