Walton County Boar...

Twinkie .308

Looks like my old riding hog, Skittles. I still have my old saddle, if'n you wanna borrow it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-01-10-57-32-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-01-10-57-32-1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,493

The mtn man

You should catch that hog somehow, cut him, put him in a pen for a while, that's a fine hog right there.

georgiabuck6

Always see the big boar first, then in a few days/weeks the sows and little uns on your camera! That's a grown wild one for sure!

huckhgh

Man, I was laughing about the thought of being able to kill this dude but he's showing up just about every single night between 12AM-3AM. I'm starting to think it would be really cool to try and hunt him.

I'm over on the Loganville side of Walton County. This is the first pig I've ever seen on trail cam and I've been running them out here for 4 years now. I really hope that it's not the beginning of a trend...

Attachments

• IMG_1066.JPG
    IMG_1066.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1070.JPG
    IMG_1070.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1076.JPG
    IMG_1076.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 303

p&y finally

I saw pigs show up in Loganville area a few years ago (Bay Creek area). They were there in force for about a year then totally disappeared. Havent seen any sign of one in 2-3 years :huh:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
That's exactly what I was thinking tkyklr1. I'd love to have that much pork!

Would a boar that size be good to eat though? Aren't they better when they are smaller?

He should be fine to make sausage. Keep the loins and grind the rest. Not every boar has tainted meat.

Bkeepr

Seen signs of one at Harris Homestead, rooting up the pastures. It must have followed the river.

QuackAddict

I saw one dead in the median on 78 last year very close to the Alcovy river bridge. I have hunted a 150 acres on the Alcovy for the past 17 years and have never seen a hog or their sign. I am sure it's just a matter of time though.

Ihunt

He looks like a cross between a pot bellied pig and a wild boar. Back when I hunted with dogs, we caught a wild pot bellied pig. He wasn't very nice.

hunterz

He has a pot belly

rosewood

Don't remember all of the hog id'ing skills I learned in HS, but with the short body makes me think he definitely has a lot of russian boar in him. The straight ears implies russian or european also.

Domestic hogs were bred with extra vertebrae so they would have more meat. Of course, him being that big around may make him look shorter. I do suspect there is some domestic genes in there by the size though.

That is a big ole porker. Could very well be 400lbs. I shot a 300lb'er a few years back that was a hoss and that does look bigger.