Cataloochee NC elk

Big7

The Oracle
I was up around Cherokee a few months ago and seen all the new signs they got up about Elk crossings and saw in a pull- off a sign that said something about staying in your vehicle and not approaching any Elk or Bear. If I remember right, that was still on 441 not up to the turn off to Clingman's Dome.

Pretty territory up around there. I hope they have a season for non- residents before I get to old to do it.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
VA, TN, NC, KY, PA and WV have them now, just a matter of time.

lampern

I was up around Cherokee a few months ago and seen all the new signs they got up about Elk crossings and saw in a pull- off a sign that said something about staying in your vehicle and not approaching any Elk or Bear. If I remember right, that was still on 441 not up to the turn off to Clingman's Dome.

Pretty territory up around there. I hope they have a season for non- residents before I get to old to do it.

Can't speak for Cherokee but the non resident tag price in NC if an elk hunt ever happens is one thousand dollars.

ryanh487

When I was camping in cherokee there were elk right by the highschool every time we drove through.

NCMTNHunter

Can't speak for Cherokee but the non resident tag price in NC if an elk hunt ever happens is one thousand dollars.
Last I saw there was approval for an auction tag and a raffle tag when WRC decides to have a hunt. Where does the $1000 come in? Is that the price of a raffle ticket?

lampern

Last I saw there was approval for an auction tag and a raffle tag when WRC decides to have a hunt. Where does the $1000 come in? Is that the price of a raffle ticket?
I don't know but there is an actual elk license on the books in NC

(8) Resident Elk License – $500.00. This license shall be issued to an individual resident of the State and entitles the holder to take elk during the open elk season by methods authorized by the Wildlife Resources Commission. This license expires June 30.

(9) Nonresident Elk License – $1,000. This license shall be issued to an individual nonresident of the State and entitles the holder to take elk during the open elk season by methods authorized by the Wildlife Resources Commission. This license expires June 30.

Big7

The Oracle
I don't know but there is an actual elk license on the books in NC
I'd pay a grand to hunt Elk that close to home DIY. Sure would be a lot safer than a DYI out west or Alaska and a heck of a lot cheaper than hiring a guide out there.

At least I'd be a little more familiar with things on a bordering state vs being several states away or in the case if Alaska, all the way across the country and then some. Be a whole lot less trouble getting the meat home fresh too.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
One of these days, one Of them bulls is gonna act crazy and it will be a bad day. I say we all meet up at hillbillies place and take out a few.