My wife needs a job!

chevyman44

trying to help my wife get a job. She has a Bachelors degree in Enviromental Science from UGA but is currently working at Ace Hardware. She graduated in 2011 and has experience in soil and water sampling and testing. She also worked for the Food Safety people at UGA for a while after she graduated. She has done internships at Charlie Elliot Wildlife Center at Clybel WMA also. She has a pretty impressive resume I think. Every week for the past 3 years she has applied for every job she is qualified for on the DNR website and has had numerous interviews. Unfortunately, it seems like the positions are always given to a man. The woman is not affraid of hard work and has no problem getting dirty, in fact she would prefer an outside position. Anybody got any ideas or know a place that is hiring? We currently live in Covington, but not affraid to commute for a good job.

Jeetdawg

What does she want to do? I ask because if Food Safety is where she wants to go, then a website like www.indeed.com is a great place to start. If water and soil is where she wants to be, look at http://www.grwa.org/ which is the Georgia Rural Water Association. By limiting herself to just DNR jobs, she is potentially missing lots of opportunities in the private sector/other government positions.

Rick Alexander

We hire a bunch from this

organization. Worth looking into.

http://orise.orau.gov/cdc/

Just about cannot get a federal job any longer without going through the contractor route and this is just one of many they use. Still pays good for graduates - just not a permanent job but many end up moving to one.

David C.

Tell her to put her profile on Linked in. I know it sounds crazy, but I put mine on there and started to get inquiries right away, and I wasn't even looking for a job. I even had a couple of nice offers as a result.

chevyman44

She is looking more towards the soil and water part. She really enjoys taking samples and running tests. I dont think she cared too much for food safety. It was more or less just for some experience with different testing methods. Ill get her to check out the links and I think she has profile on Linked in but I could be wrong. I just hate to see all that money I spent on school just hang in picture frame while she works at a hardware store. Thanks for the info!

j_seph

Call Moreland Altobelli in Duluth 770-263-5945

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Have her search on www.ehscareers.com. Lots of jobs posted there for environmental, health and safety professions.

BigCats

I know down here there are people that check the river daily that work with the county