Turkeys and peacocks

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Has any one ever seen them mingle together. I got this pic this morning behind one of my job sites. The property behind them is catholic monestary property in rockdale county. The builder I work for does work over there and said they see them together on a regular basis. Pretty odd I thoughtIMG_0734.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I know two or three guys who say they have seen this over the years.

KentuckyHeadhunter

About six years ago I called in two peacocks in White Co, Cleveland GA. They were said to have come from a local vineyard or winery nearby. It was quite a surprise.

ugajay

I've seen it twice in Johnson county. About 3 years ago. The peacock was in trail cam pics with the hens all the time. Saw it twice with my own eyes

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I didn't realize peacocks would go ferel like that. Didn't realize wild turkeys would allow them to mingle with them either. It was pretty cool to see

NCMTNHunter

I've never seen this but I've carried a peacock call in my vest for 20 years or so. I use it as a last resort locator when I am about to leave an area that I know should have birds. That thing has pulled a gobble out of several that wouldn't respond to anything else. You about have to have someone else with you listen for gobbles because the call is so loud. I've also used it to imitate loons near hartwell when that was all the birds would gobble at.

The mtn man

I've seen them together before , was a bit confusing at first, until I found out that some folks a few miles away had all sorts of yard fowl, apparently when turkeys come through, the pea fowl just leave and take up with them. I've also seen folks that had free ranging yard turkeys and had wild turkeys take up with them and overtime, in a short period of time, become tame.

six

I've seen it twice in Johnson county. About 3 years ago. The peacock was in trail cam pics with the hens all the time. Saw it twice with my own eyes
I have seen it in Johnson county as well, around Kite. Have also seen turkeys and Canadian geese together on more than one occasion.

T-N-T

Begs the question, can you shoot a Peacock?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I imagine they would eat good, similar to turkey, pheasant, and quail.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
They will make your hair stand up on your head when one sounds off behind you in the woods...........

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They will make your hair stand up on your head when one sounds off behind you in the woods...........

You can imitate that holler they make perfectly with a mouth call. And gobblers will sometimes shock gobble back at it. Just like they do at a Pileated woddpecker.

buckpasser

I called one up with a tom in Grady county once. Walked right by me. I didn’t realize it was as common as this thread suggests.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Slipping into position one morning in the dark. Had a peacock sound off above me. Yeah, i jumped. When he flew down, he was alone and moved on.