Jacksonville Fl duck hunting

Guana is a draw hunt and worth getting into. Ive killed teal, pintail, wigeon, and divers there.
Id also put in for Goodwin Broadmoor and Merritt Island draw too. Both of those are among the top duck hunting in FL.
Check into pcs - Potash Corp near Beinville. It used to be a decent spot, although very dangerous with the grey muck bottom...good place to drown. They changed it a couple years back tho, and openned a new area that isnt as dangerous.
St. Johns river is decent on the right tides and limited spots. You have to scout it. Rodman sucks. Wasted enough time out there to know for sure. Out west you have the overly skybusted gator lake, and a few other places like that. FL is full of duck dynasty skybuster mafia boys, especially on another forum. They are as cut throat as you can get.
Good luck!

MudDucker

Staff member
there is a place called Bienville. It used to be a WMA and is about 11/2 hours from Jax near Lake City. It is a huge collection of sulfur pits. Lots of birds. No real trophy birds but a lot of shovelers, bluebills, ruddy, teal, etc. It used to be real fun but I haven't been over that way in 15 years. It would be worth a look though.

You are behind the times. Two years ago, they closed the good ponds to hunting and opened a sorry one.

Nimrod71

Go North Young Man. I would look at hunting the St Mary's and Altamaha Rivers. There is some good hunting around Daren and Brunswick you just have to scout and spend time on the water.

The Fever

We may actually be relocating to the area. Im not a city person, so ive been looking at property around the Nassau River, Yulee/Callahan area. Still can get into Jax fairly quick from there.

I realize im asking some sophmoric questions here, but bare with me. The fishing opportunities in the area seem to be endless. I still have 3 young children to raise ( oldest will be in college soon) and i want to make sure im in an area where the outdoor lifestyle can be tought/showed. IE, i want them to be into hunting and fishing and not snapchat and instagram, for the most part.

So as silly as a question as this is, what kind of boats do guys run around those marshes? Skiffs? I grew up near the Chattahochee in a jon boat and a bass tracker lol.

If I was you, I wouldn't waste my time duck hunting there, with the exception of a good wood duck hole. Good hunting a couple hours west of you. Shoot me a message if you're interested and I'll give you some more detailed information.