Grandson goes on his first deer hunt with me

godogs57

My little two year old grandboy Hutson got to go on his very first "official" deer hunt with me this past season. His daddy was on duty that day and told me go for it. His daddy was a GON Truck Buck winner when he was 9 years old, so I hope his genetics pass on soon.

First pic is him getting ready to head out with me. He is carrying MY grandfather's pop gun he had when he was a kid. Our best estimates is this gun is about 130 years old. All of the young guys in our family have carried this gun with em on their first hunt as a tradition, and yes, it still goes "pop"!

Other pics are him climbing up in the stand and looking out over a field. The last pic is of him helping drag out a decent 8 pointer...he about loses his mind when he gets to help us out that way.

He stayed relatively quiet that evening and had a blast. Figured you'd enjoy.

Hutty_s_first_Hunt.jpg

Hutty_s_first_Hunt_2.jpg

Hutty_s_first_Hunt_3.jpg

Hutty_inspecting.jpg

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Mighty good stuff. It just doesn’t get better than that. :fine:

I have a grandson that is 14 that drags them for Papa now.

seeker

Good job Grandad. Be sure to protect the young guys hearing. My father didn't protect mine very well fifty years ago.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
:cool:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
If this story and accompanying photos don't tug at your heart.....well you just ain't breathing !!!!!! :huh::huh::huh:

I love all of the detailed words and also the fantastic photos that show-case this fantastic hunting excursion.

Thank You for sharing this with all of us. Congratulations to this skilled hunter and all of the family members involved. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

six

Enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. I hope y'all have many more hints together. I won't be long and you will be helping him.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Good deal.....got a grandson who is 8 months old. One day.

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine stuff Hank! Congrats to you both! Those pictures are priceless!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
great story, photos to keep for life, incredible tradition...and a smile to tie it all together

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A great legacy and tradition, Hank. Great buck too.