So who is ready for MLS?

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Into the playoffs!

:yeah:

That 2 seed is looking possible but I still would not take a full team to new england this weekend. Definitely leave Asad, Tito, and Martinez on the bench. LGP/Garza/Laurentowitz/Carmona next on the list of can't get hurt.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I will be happy with a 3 seed, anything can happen now that we are in. One thing is for sure, no one wants to come play us at home!

Coenen

That 2 seed is looking possible but I still would not take a full team to new england this weekend. Definitely leave Asad, Tito, and Martinez on the bench. LGP/Garza/Laurentowitz/Carmona next on the list of can't get hurt.
I don't think that's Tata's style, but we'll see.

Haven't watched yesterday's match yet, but the score line says they didn't suffer too much from having Almiron sidelined. They've been all right without Garza. It seems like the games Martinez has been out have been the ones where they've struggled mightily on offense.

Agree that they need to keep their back line guys healthy, and on the pitch. Their defense seems to have really solidified in this recent stretch, the barrage of goals at The Merc has been fun, but it's been more satisfying to see them put up clean sheets in 5 of their last 6.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
While watching the game last night, I couldn't help but think that Jacob Peterson looks like Axl Rose running around out there.

Coenen

Me thinks it will be like the two ATL hockey teams.

I'd put my money on FLOP! ;)
tenor.gif

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
First playoff game in the history of the team on Thursday! I can't wait!

huntersluck

I can't wait either. I believe they have won twice against them this season but in a one game elimination you never know what can happen. ATL

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I can't wait either. I believe they have won twice against them this season but in a one game elimination you never know what can happen. ATL

Yeah we seemed to have their number. They play wide open attacking like we do and we've had a harder time versus teams that play defensively. Fingers crossed the 70k in the stadium tonight helps to push the team the extra distance like it has so far this year!! Pretty unreal to come in to the league and finish 4th not just in the east but overall. What a season it's been even if it ends tonight although I'm very optimistic it won't!

:cheers::cheers:

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Disappointing result last night. Either team could have won that during regulation or extra time. It's a long season and I think our main guys up top were kind of gassed. I could tell by his movement that Martinez was off his game a bit.

During the second half of extra time, it might have been my viewing angle, but I thought Parkhurst was going to watch that shot go in instead of clear it off the line. I've been spooked by him because of that calamity where Altidore scored for Toronto.

Not quite sure about our penalty strategy there at the end. All in all, great first season and I've renewed my season tickets. I weaseled my way into the Delta Skyclub thing down on field level. Nice enough place but not really conducive to watching a live soccer game. I'm sure it's great for football though.

Marta was a nightmare on the way home.