Best choice for night sights- Glock

J-Rod

Looking to upgrade my Gen 4 19's sights to night sights. I've had multiple firearms with nights sights but oddly enough never purchased them myself. They've always been on a used gun or bought with factory night sights. What's the best thing out right now for the money. I've always heard good things about Trijicon. The TFO's look kinda interesting. Just saw the bad post earlier about Meprolight. Looking for a little knowledge from personal experience. Thanks in advance.

Dub

I've been mighty pleased with my G19.

I'd never been able to comfortably grip one....felt cramped....until I tried the Gen4 version. The large beavertail makes it fit my hand really well. The gun disappears from thought in a Milt Sparks Criterion. It shoots flawlessly....is very accurate. It's become my first choice in carry guns.

I decided to invest in some night sights for it. The Trijicon HD sights really appealed to me and that's what I went with.

In the dark, they work like any other night sights I've used....three smallish green dots to align on target.

In regular lighting the high viz front sight jumps to the eye. Nice size groove in the rear makes alignment quick work.

The TFO sights were also on my short list....the gun shop had the Trijicons in stock, though, and installed them for me right then.

Congrats on your G19....15 rounder that performs like a bigger gun, yet conceals easy. I'm really glad I found one that fits well, lol.

Darkhorse

The Ameriglo Pro I dot sights have a trijicon front dot surrounded by a fluorescent yellow ring that just really pops in a little bit of light. But it doesn't show up indoors or under a roof.
I has a single trijicon dot just under the rear notch.
In practice at night you see a large dot and you place the smaller dot just under it. It's like a straight 8 type.

wareagle700

Without a doubt I would recommend Wilson Combat Vickers sights or 10-8 Performance sights.

I've owned a lot of different sets, Trijicon's, Trijicon HD's, AmeriGlo, Heinie, 10-8's, etc....

My favorite, and what's currently on my 19, are the Vickers sights by Wilson Combat. Plain rear sight and tritium front. Love the combo.

Bill Mc

My old Gen 3 23 has the Glock night sights. Still working great. Glock will replace them for less than $60.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
There are better night sights available but for the price you can't beat the glock sights for $60. If you go to the Glock facility in Smyrna, you can buy them and they'll install them for free and also clean your gun while they have it.

JohnK

If one goes to Glock for sights does the armorer restore the firearm to original parts wheter you like it or not?

wareagle700

If one goes to Glock for sights does the armorer restore the firearm to original parts wheter you like it or not?

No. However, they will replace worn out parts free of charge. The last time I was there they replaced all the springs in my 19 as well as the slide stop.

If there's something on your gun that you don't want them touching just tell them.

SGADawg

I just had a set of Trijicon HD's put on my Glock 27 a couple of weeks ago. So far I really like them!

Silver Mallard

I use the Sevigny carry on my 19. on dot in front and one in the rear.

weagle

I'm partial to the AmeriGlo F.A.T. sights. Rounded Front and rear with Tritium inserts and Luminescent yellow front.

800E3C76-7A6B-423D-9B3A-7A1104980035_zpsjpjv5eew.jpg

ScottD

I recommend Truglo TFO sights. They are a combination of fiber optic and tritium. Gives a bright consistent color dot both day and night.

Wiskey_33

I went with the Truglo TFX for my 19. Very bright day and night.

660griz

I recommend Truglo TFO sights. They are a combination of fiber optic and tritium. Gives a bright consistent color dot both day and night.

I second that. Put a set on mine and the wife's Glock.
Awesome sights day or night.

rosewood

I second that. Put a set on mine and the wife's Glock.
Awesome sights day or night.

3rd. Have them on 2 guns and will purchase when I replace sites on other guns. Awesome indoors and out, day time and night.

Rosewood

Dub

I looked at a set of those on a gun this week.....amazing how bright they were in a well lit room. I'm not being funny.....the sight just jumped out. I'd bet they'd really do well at the indoor shooting ranges....a place I struggle with my sights and aging eyes.

I'm gonna install a set of these on a G17 and see how they do in side by side comparison with the Trijicon HD's currently on my G19.

I went with the Truglo TFX for my 19. Very bright day and night.

I wished I'd looked into these, too, prior to putting the Trijicon HD's on my 19. The fiber optic part of it is a tremendous aid in lighting situations where I don't always pick up on the orange halo on my front sight....and the Tritium isn't visible due to the ambient light. What I get is simply the sight profile....a normal picture....not extra pop that I'd appreciate.

When I looked around today at TFO pricing, I see that it's even more appealing than the Trijicon HD's.

Dub

Well.....finally getting around to doing a comparison, of sorts, between the TruGlo TFO and the Trijicon HD night sights.

The Sig P226 on the left comes with the TFO as the front sight and Sig's own night sights on the rear.

The G19 on the right had the Trijicon HD's installed about a year ago. They've been doing a good job at the range, but sometimes there is a weird transitional lighting at indoor ranges and the TFO seems to really do well.

Both are great visual anchors for me and I have zero complaints over either, thus far. I've had way more rounds through the G19 with the HD's than I do on the P226 TFO. Time will tell how durable they both are.

The gun positions never change in the photos and there is no loser among either, in my opinion.

I'd like to compare the pair with the Sig X-Ray sights at some point, too.