Deer camp... aka home away from home pics

lbzdually

Banned
This thread makes me sad. We were in a club in Twiggs county for over 20 years and just lost it to some guy out of Atlanta who makes solar panels. Our club manager and a few other guys had it lined up to buy it at a certain price and the old hags from Wisconsin that owned it sold it out from under them.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We still have the old house at the Taliaferro lease that I posted in the OP.
This year I leased another small tract in Putnam County near our lake property.
So I am gonna post up a pic of it since it will serve as a deer camp at times during the season.lakehouse closeup.jpg

Last edited:

bilgerat

Senior
heres a few pics of the camp Im blessed to get invited to each November. It on the south Magnetawan river near the Naganosh lake provincial park in Ontario. Its a days boat ride up a river from the nearest road. Everything seen in the camp was brought up river by john boats and carried over a 1/2 mile Portage around a huge set of rapids and a waterfall. well except for the narrow gage RR wheels , they found them in the river

Attachments

• ontario 2014 018.jpg
    ontario 2014 018.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 2,519
  • ontario 2014 017.jpg
    ontario 2014 017.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,571
  • ont 15 088.jpg
    ont 15 088.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 2,520
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 2,545

deers2ward

heres a few pics of the camp Im blessed to get invited to each November. It on the south Magnetawan river near the Naganosh lake provincial park in Ontario. Its a days boat ride up a river from the nearest road. Everything seen in the camp was brought up river by john boats and carried over a 1/2 mile Portage around a huge set of rapids and a waterfall. well except for the narrow gage RR wheels , they found them in the river

Killer

What are all the cups/bowls on the table with what appears to be duct tape on them for?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

bilgerat

Senior
Killer

What are all the cups/bowls on the table with what appears to be duct tape on them for?

The last night in Camp we do a drawing to help raise a little camp money each year for improvements for the next year . Every one in camp brings a few items to donate, they then sell tickets and put a cup by each item. You put ticket stubs in the cup then they draw a stub from the cup to see who wins the item.. first three years in camp I didn't win but a few items., last year I won a bunch of stuff. After each item is won we all have a drink. its really fun and twards the end of it every one is kinda drunk and laughing their butts off. Its a hoot.

Triple C

A few more I ran across in an old photo album. Too bad we didn't have smart phones back in the 70s n 80s to snap pics at deer camp.

When the boys were growing up my wife would always take a pic of us headed out the opening day of archery season. This one is from around '90. Fun times!
IMG_6479.jpg

Gave both boys their first 'real' bow when they were 12 n 13. This is a pic of youngest son's bow on his 12th birthday. A Martin Lynx from Dan Quillian's Archery Traditions shop.
Brooks 1st bow.jpg

Didn't take him long to connect on his 1st whitetail. This was a Sunday after church. We got home and he said he was headed behind the house to hunt. Within an hour I heard him hollering. Another great memory.
1st deer.jpg

This was 1994. Not sure why I remember this date so well but I had hung a new stand on the club we were in and that morning I decided not to go hunting. Boys headed out and oldest son sat my stand and doubled up that morning.
Double morning.jpg

We traveled to West Virginia each November to hunt with a buddy that had a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. It was near the forks of the Kanawha and Ohio rivers. Such a cool place with lots of memories over the years.
WV Cabin.jpg