Gun Doc

fountain

Anyone going to his place any time soon or in the near future? I got a gun up there that I want back..fixed or not.

Payton Everett

What i dont understand is how you guys had guns there for so long and i sent him mine and got it back fixed in a few weeks? Before season just like he said he would:huh:

rocket

What i dont understand is how you guys had guns there for so long and i sent him mine and got it back fixed in a few weeks? Before season just like he said he would:huh:

How far is Paulding County from Stephens County?? I'm guessing the further away you are, the further you get pushed back because there is less of a chance of visiting him.

Brad C.

I think this guy ought to just close up shop. He is terrible and doesn't follow through on what he says. And that's putting it mildy. I wouldn't send him a rock let alone one of my guns for him to take 2yrs to finish.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Any updates?

gobblingghost

My update. Talked to him a month or two ago he was to mail a check for balance. I'm turning blue hold my breathe waiting on the check.. I should have played one of the smurfs in the new movie I might have got my check by now.

NUTT

Update on mine.

I sent him 3 guns on the last Monday of June. The two slug guns had trigger jobs done and my Super X1 had a link broken. My three guns were fixed and picked up by my brother on Wednesday of the same week. Guess I am just lucky. That's six guns he has fixed(trigger jobs) for me in the last three years. All perfect working condition. Sorry to hear of ya'll's trouble.

bubdog

I wanted to send a 870 to him and have some work done but he wouldnt return phone calls or emails. Did a little research and sent my gun to Gobblerguns aka Rob Roberts custom gun works. I was very happy with the work he did and he is very thorough when talking to you on the phone.

rocket

He finally answered one of my calls a couple of months ago and said to send him the transfer paper from my licensed dealer because he was almost done with the gun. I traded a text or two with him, and the papers were sent.
I have followed up with calls/texts to see if he received the paperwork, and haven't heard a peep since. I have my doubts my gun is anywhere near complete.
Glad to hear another person has had work completed and returned since I sent him my gun and money over 3 years ago:banginghe

gobblingghost

I'm not blue anymore now I'm purple still no return check for a choke that was never ordered

rocket

Nothing new to report. Got a random text from him a month ago stating my gun was near complete and "WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIIN A WEEK" (his words in caps!). No gun or response from him since then.
He's a straight up liar. It would not surprise me a bit to find my gun, all rusty, leaning in a corner of his shop. Work has slowed a bit, so I'll be taking a drive up to get my gun & money in the next few weeks. Then again, I might just give the sheriff a call first and see what he can do.
I have bought many things off this forum...turkey calls, hunting gear, guns, etc, and always paid for said item in advance. I've met some fine people here, and not once have I been burned until doing business with Gun Docc
This February/March will be four years that the has had my gun.

Mark K

Banned
I hope you get your gun back! I didn't realize what bad service this guy provided until I started this thread!! And to top it off it wasn't meant to put down his business, I just wanted a way to contact him and get my gun back!!

Im sure glad i read this. I have a gun with patterning trouble and was gonna send him. NOT ANY MORE. I could not be as patient as some of you. Thanks for this post. Hope you all get ur guns back.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
This is just sad!

rocket

I got a call from Curtis last week saying he had shipped my gun, and I picked it up Saturday from my ffl. I haven't had the chance yet to shoot it, but like what I see so far.
Thanks to all who offered advice thru pm's and to those who offered to check on it for me since I was so far away.
I will post a report after I get the chance to pattern it, but I'm excited and gobbler season can't get here soon enough!

Gadget

I got a call from Curtis last week saying he had shipped my gun, and I picked it up Saturday from my ffl. I haven't had the chance yet to shoot it, but like what I see so far.
Thanks to all who offered advice thru pm's and to those who offered to check on it for me since I was so far away.
I will post a report after I get the chance to pattern it, but I'm excited and gobbler season can't get here soon enough!

See it was worth the wait wasn't it.....:bounce: