Ranch Dressing

Kwaksmoka

I'm a ranch fan to say the least. However i can't find the ranch that most restaurants use. Maybe you know what I'm talking about, what's the best ranch or closest to what im looking for? Oh fried some freshly harvested turkey nuggets sunday, they were awesome, trying to get back into cooking more often!

Studawg170

1 cup Mayo

1 cup Buttermilk

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1 teaspoon dried chives

dash of hot sauce and a sprinkle of Tony Chacere's

This is a good basic ranch recipe from Justin Wilson

Cmp1

BANNED
I like buttermilk ranch myself, bottled or mix, I'm not a big French dressing fan but the wife tried California French and man is it good,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
1 cup Mayo

1 cup Buttermilk

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1 teaspoon dried chives

dash of hot sauce and a sprinkle of Tony Chacere's

This is a good basic ranch recipe from Justin Wilson

I'll have to try this one out,,,,

ky55

This one is pretty good and easy to make:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/homemade-ranch-dressing-recipe-1925765

1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup real mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Dash hot sauce
1/4 to 1/2 cup buttermilk (as needed for desired consistency)

Last edited:

little rascal

Ranch

I like the restaurant style too, it is thin, bottled don't work for me either, although Ken's Caesar is pretty good.

This Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing recipe tastes EXACTLY like the one they serve at restaurants!!! The reason you can't find the same tasting ranch dressing at the grocery store as the one they serve at popular restaurants is because restaurants FRESHLY mix a dry seasoning mix with buttermilk or heavy whipping cream every day. The ranch dressing pre-packed in bottles at the grocery store have to have a very long shelf life. So they stuff those bottles with vinegar and other preservatives which gives the ranch dressing a funky taste and horrible smell compared to the ranch dressing served at restaurants. Now you can make it at home. You will never buy the bottled stuff ever again!! We hope you enjoy this recipe! :)
Ingredients:
2 Packs of Hidden Valley The Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (or your own homemade ranch seasoning)
1 cup of Mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp of Onion Powder
1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
1 tbsp of dry parsley flakes
32 fl oz. of Heavy Whipping Cream
-----------------------------
Extras:
You can replace the Heavy Whipping Cream with Buttermilk.
You can use your own homemade Ranch seasoning or spice mix instead of the store bought dry ranch seasoning mix.

Kwaksmoka

Awesome info, will definitely give these a try! Thanks for the suggestions much appreciated!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
My wife is a ranch dressing nut and to her the best ranch dressing she has ever had is at Red Lobster. They have sold her their ranch dressing several times. She buys it by the quart.:biggrin3:

Kwaksmoka

My wife is a ranch dressing nut and to her the best ranch dressing she has ever had is at Red Lobster. They have sold her their ranch dressing several times. She buys it by the quart.:biggrin3:

Good to know, thanks Pay!

biggdogg

The best dressing money can buy if you're buying store bought is Naturally Fresh. It comes in a mason jar. Their blu cheese is off the chain good!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I like buttermilk ranch myself, bottled or mix, I'm not a big French dressing fan but the wife tried California French and man is it good,,,,

You should get her some Western dressing. She :fine:will be nice to you.

Bream Pole

Olive Garden's Parmesan Ranch is good and can be bought in most grocery stores now

Kwaksmoka

I like the restaurant style too, it is thin, bottled don't work for me either, although Ken's Caesar is pretty good.

This Restaurant Style Ranch Dressing recipe tastes EXACTLY like the one they serve at restaurants!!! The reason you can't find the same tasting ranch dressing at the grocery store as the one they serve at popular restaurants is because restaurants FRESHLY mix a dry seasoning mix with buttermilk or heavy whipping cream every day. The ranch dressing pre-packed in bottles at the grocery store have to have a very long shelf life. So they stuff those bottles with vinegar and other preservatives which gives the ranch dressing a funky taste and horrible smell compared to the ranch dressing served at restaurants. Now you can make it at home. You will never buy the bottled stuff ever again!! We hope you enjoy this recipe! :)
Ingredients:
2 Packs of Hidden Valley The Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix (or your own homemade ranch seasoning)
1 cup of Mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp of Onion Powder
1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
1 tbsp of dry parsley flakes
32 fl oz. of Heavy Whipping Cream
-----------------------------
Extras:
You can replace the Heavy Whipping Cream with Buttermilk.
You can use your own homemade Ranch seasoning or spice mix instead of the store bought dry ranch seasoning mix.

tried this one last night, much better than the bottled brands that's for sure. thanks for the info, going to give the others a shot as well just to try! this one was simple and easy which is a huge plus!