New Built

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Heck yeah T! That's gonna be one sweet shrimping/fishing grand kids hauling machine! Looking good my friend!

g0nef1sshn

Thanks for the invite to the party Tsharp! That's an awesome rig you got goin on over there!

I read a lot but skimmed too, so if this has already been asked my bad.

Wondering if you plan on painting it or leaving it naked?

tsharp

We flipped the boat today so I can weld the bottom and side shell. I going to put 1 runner on each side of the bottom to add strength. It also stops the boat from sliding when turning.

Attachments

• 2015-09-16 17.34.45.jpg
    2015-09-16 17.34.45.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 861

T-N-T

Heck yes Sharp! Looking good

tsharp

I been gone awhile very busy, but tonight I sanded down one side that I welded. This what it going to look like after I finish. Tacked all the gunnel while it's upside down.

Attachments

• 2015-09-25 16.29.18.jpg
    2015-09-25 16.29.18.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 779
  • 2015-09-25 16.29.30.jpg
    2015-09-25 16.29.30.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 779

T-N-T

So much "Finish" work with that welding and sanding.

Gaducker

Were did you get the top rail material at?

tsharp

I purchased the top gunnel from a local shipyard. They buy their aluminum with Industrial Metals out of New Orleans. The cost was $45 for a 21' length, the smooth top rail run $47 a length.

1gr8bldr

I use my boat in rocks. I forgot what you call that add on strip down the middle. I wish my boat had more for protection and something like it where the bottom turns upward. This area takes the worst of the beatings. Also the flat area on the bottom just before it reaches the vertical transom... it tends to bow upward, causing the edge of the transom to stick down. Not actually down, but if your sliding across something, that spot grabs. I have rewelded several times. I think the best fix would be to strengthen the bottom, to fix the "bowing up" . If your in big water, this may not be a problem, if your navigating 5 inches of rock bottom water with a jet motor, this is important.

tsharp

It's called a keel guard, I welded a doubler from the bow down. I am also adding 1 on each side of the center line a 1- 1/2 angle to reinforce the bottom. I just laid 1 angle down just to show what it will look like. The front will be bull nosed in to from a point.

Attachments

• 2015-09-30 17.24.39.jpg
    2015-09-30 17.24.39.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 661
  • 2015-09-30 17.25.00.jpg
    2015-09-30 17.25.00.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 648

tsharp

Started back working on the new built this afternoon. We tacked the center chime and the port runner down. Need to pick up another bottle of Argon tomorrow. Should finish and flip it over this weekend.

Attachments

• 2015-10-08 16.31.44.jpg
    2015-10-08 16.31.44.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 589

1gr8bldr

The problem with aluminum boats is that they sit high on the water. I can load like a champ in a cross current, but I look like a fool in the wind. My boat is like a leaf on top of the water. Looking good. Thanks for keeping the thread up to date

tsharp

With the opening of deer season and duck season I put the boat on the back burner for now. Going to start back soon. We did flip it over and welded all the engine well and over head under the fan tail. I have a couple or hours of work on the console left.

T-N-T

Funny how fall has ruined so much progress in mens lives.

tsharp

T you right, I also been very busy the last month. 4 of the tugs I take care of all came back to the states, so repairs were needed, paper worked needed to be checked and just have them ready for the upcoming jobs.I made my first crossbow hunt in Mississippi 2 weeks ago and killed a doe, then last Friday we shot for Toys For Tots, Sunday we went duck hunting, so you right.