Mud Tire Recommedations

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Bfg mudd terrain would be my pick.
The thing with any tire and caking is wheel speed. If you don’t use wheel speed to clean out the thread they all will cake up.
That's right, most folks think 4 lo is the way to go in the mud. 4 hi is the only way. Keeps the wheel speed up and the wheel spin down.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
The BFG KM3 have been a fantastic tire on our Jeep. Our son got over 83k on his 35" KM3s and we have over 40k on our 35" KM3s. Granted these are 4dr Jeeps and not 2500 size trucks, but these are the best tires we've had of any type.
I rotate them every 6k.
Rarely have to use 4wd in snow under 3" and they do great in rain and phenomenal off road.

New Spare20230604_152854.jpg

Probably closer to 42k on this one.
20230604_152905.jpg

Stick

Toyo mt. 3 sets so far And best riding and balance out there. I've tried almost all over the years.
This has been my experience as well. I've got over 70,000 on the 35" Toyo M/T's on my F-150 and they are in great shape. Got 65,000 out the Nitto Trail Grapplers before these. Toyo rides and pulls better in my opinion.

I believe in maintaining proper air pressure and rotating every 5k miles.

wm742

If your going to be on the highway more I'd look at the offerings from cooper.
The stt pro is a favorite for rock crawlers that drive to the trails.
I have Mickey baja muds on my XJ and they are great off road, but too soft for a lot of highway runs.
The wrangler has 42" Iroks so that experience wont help you.

If your running load e tires and not carrying heavy loads or towing all the time, they will last forever. I have a cheap set of "managers choice" on my 6.4 ram 2500. 40k and Im ready to rotate for the next 40k. I dont carry heavy loads and I only trailer my jeeps every other month on average.

My last truck was a 5.7 ram 1500. The best tires I ran on it were a set of Cooper Ats. They lasted a good long time and it was hard to spin them on a dry dirt road.

Also if you have any mechanical skill at all, you can put a couple lunchbox lockers in and that will give you more traction than any tire will. I also like hearing them ratchet in the parking lot freaking out everyone around.