Thanks to SUNSHINE and Discount Tire Company....Miracles Do Happen !!!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Yesterday, I had a very busy morning that turned out to be a not so good day initially. However, yesterday afternoon turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

I had planned to have lunch with my lady friend and had just started on the way to meet her when she called me instead and advised that she had slipped on something on the floor and fell and hurt her right leg/ankle. Unfortunately her ankle was already swelling some and she was in pain etc so she had to go home instead.

Well, since I didn't get to see her for lunch, I decided to go to the grocery store instead. When I came back out to the parking lot to unload my groceries from the cart into my truck, for whatever reason, this time, I decided to put the groceries on the "right side back seat" of my truck. I basically NEVER do that as I always unload them from the left side once at home. Well, the sunshine was shining really well at that point and it just happened to be hitting right on a "bright colored screw" that was sticking into my right rear tire on the sidewall edge where it begins the tread pattern. I was initially teed off about it. It apparently had not happened too long before as it still had a good pressure in it. I was surely glad that it hadn't happened on the road the day before as I was hot-footing it along the interstate instead to help my customer.

I immediately decided to take it to Discount Tire Place because I was very near their business. I also did not have any groceries that needed to be refrigerated either at the time. I had never used their services before BUT I was amazed just how efficient the entire group of employees were there. Within 5 minutes, a technician looked at the tire with me and we could easily see that it was leaking somewhat already. I already knew that a "screw/nail puncture" in that location on a tire could NOT be fixed as such. Thankfully, they had the exact same Michelin tire replacement in stock and even though they had plenty of customers, they ALSO had plenty of employees so that they could also take care of "drive-up" emergencies such as mine.

Within 45 minutes, they had the new tire installed, balanced etc and I was ready to continue the rest of my day without having to worry at all. Even though, I had never used their services, I had heard really good comments about their fast work and their highly rated "Customer Satisfaction" level. They surely proved it to me yesterday afternoon and I will now continue to patronize their business location in the future. For any of you in the Augusta area, this was their Washington Road @ Bobby Jones Expressway location and I highly recommend them based on excellent service and also at a decent price as well.

ps: I am waiting for an update of sorts from my lady friend this morning as well.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Best wishes for your lady friend Mike.

I have never used them, don't have one convenient to me, but have always had good luck with my two local Tires Plus. I will say I am amazed that they were able to be so efficient in todays environment where businesses are hard pressed for workers and will definitely look at them in the future should it be convenient.

specialk

Was on my way to Bristol TN loaded down for a weekend of NASCAR when just about an hour away i get a flat. Friday evening most places were closing and er'body pointing me to Discount Tire....limp in....they not only plugged it but didnt charge me anything....never bought another from anybody else since....

specialk

Was on my way to Bristol TN loaded down for a weekend of NASCAR when just about an hour away i get a flat. Friday evening most places were closing and er'body pointing me to Discount Tire....limp in....they not only plugged it but didnt charge me anything....never bought another from anybody else since....

Redbow

I plugged many tires back in the early sixties doing service station work. Never had one to leak as I recall. Recently my Wife came home with a nail sticking out the left rear tire on her car. I had it plugged it did not leak. Then just a few days later there was another nail sticking out the sidewall of her right rear tire. She had to go on a trip to Williamsburg Va. so I just had two new tires put on her Nissan Rogue. I think my Wife picked up the nails at a nursery not far from us but I can't be sure.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Kinda makes me mad to see a truck overloaded with old roofing or demolition material going down the street with nails sifting out through the tailgate onto the road.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
The local Discount Tire in Athens is awesome.

Rare to get stellar service anywhere these days.