Looking for a hog hunt in early January

giannid

Me and a friend from Ohio are looking for a place to go hog hunting in early January. We're seasoned deer hunters and want a change of pace. Looking to possibly do a night hunt with thermals and maybe some day hunts on stands or spot and stalk. Looking for some recommendations as it seems like most of ones in the hog guides thread are out of business. We might do some self guided hunts on some of the WMA's but definitely want to at least do a day or two of a guided hunt. Since deer season runs through mid January we might even throw that into the mix if we get bored. Anyone give me some good recommendations? Never did a paid hunt before and don't want to get burned. We have our own Thermals we use for coyote hunting in Ohio if that helps.

Big7

The Oracle
What part of the State will you be?

That would help us help you a lot.

giannid

We have nothing planned yet so we can go anywhere. I was told south of Macon is where to be to hog hunt but that's just what I heard. We obviously want a productive hunt without any fences.

QuackHead90

I could probably take you hunting on some farm land I have been killing a good many

If you want a good hunt check Woods n Water neat Dublin Ga

I was going to recommend them as well. I'll be going on my 10th annual hog hunt there with Blaine in February.

I believe that they run a special thru the end of deer season where you can shoot a doe, a hog and a buck (trophy rules apply) on a 3 day hunt for about 1k.

I did this hunt last year in November before my annual hog hunt and could have killed a big boar, and saw several a shootable does, but I was wanting a big buck.

Of course you can also just do hogs if you prefer. I've killed 4 big boars hunting with Blaine. Three over 300 pounds and another of about 250. Most of the larger hogs will be nocturnal. Cold weather is a plus.

Good luck!

Helium

I highly recommend Broughton island Boars! Kill them with a knife or spear... very exciting hunt with great folks

giannid

Definitely want to do a gun hunt versus a knife/spear hunt. I'll check woods n water. The reviews aren't great though. Keep them suggestions coming .