Hunting Florida

bcspinks89

Anyone ever went to Florida and hunted public land without a guide? Thinking of taking the boat and doing some hunting down there without a guide.

bdavisbdavis727

Yup only been once we killed a 3 man limit out of a canoe by 8 a.m. Teal, ringnecks, bufflehead, ruddy ducks, and bluebills.. could have killed some other species if we had been more patient

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 1,081

MudDucker

Staff member
Anyone ever went to Florida and hunted public land without a guide? Thinking of taking the boat and doing some hunting down there without a guide.

Sure, but you do know the season is out now, right?

I Hunt Disney World. Great food , Great rides and the ducks eat out of your hand.

kingfish

There is a ton of opportunity in Florida, but you have to be committed to make it work. Lots of places, lots of rules, lots of competition. Look up FWC.com and go to waterfowl. You're on your own now !!!

g0nef1sshn

Stay intouch for next year. i try and make it twice a year. Mostly xmas/new year time frame. It will be lake okeechobee bound.

Barebowyer

I will take the journey with ya Brandon. We will get into something down that way!!!!

Core Lokt

Apply for some of the STA's. You can kill pintails, widgeon, ringers, B & GW teal, fulvous, black bellies, etc. When I went I had 6 different species in my bag.