Wife's First Bull Red

Scallen

When we got together six years ago, I was thrilled that she was more than willing to go fishing with me and started teaching her how. She's been giving me a run for my money ever since, and today she added her first bull red to her list of accomplishments. A nice 37" beast.

e3TiHw.jpg

61BelAir

There sure have been some posts full of nice ones lately.

Family health and work obligations are keeping her from being able to take time off now. Maybe in the spring I can take her....or we can plan way ahead for next fall.
Please keep her family in your prayers.

WalkinDead

Banned
A wife that will go hunting, fishing, and seining with you is a treasure worth more than gold. Been with mine for 40+ years and she is quite competitive and quite often out does me. I love it.

61BelAir

A wife that will go hunting, fishing, and seining with you is a treasure worth more than gold. Been with mine for 40+ years and she is quite competitive and quite often out does me. I love it.

You've got that right!! A lot of guys think they have it good when their wife "lets" them go fishing or hunting, but to me it's so much better when they enjoy it too.

I still want to try the seining and hope we can make it one day. She's not too crazy about the idea of getting out in the ocean...especially after dark. My wife is the only person I know besides myself, that has been stung by a Man O' War. That pretty much ruined getting into the ocean for both of us. I think we love shrimp enough to get over it as long as she gets the shallow end. LOL

WalkinDead

Banned
Ouch! I have never seen a Man-O-War here, they must be fairly rare in this area.
The water temperature is dropping and seining, hopefully, will pick up during the daylight hours; as it does so cloudy days will be the better days. The size has also improved noticeably and more blue crabs are showing up in the net. It will soon be time to get out the wet suit due to the water temperature.
We have been having to share our catch with friends and family to make room in the freezer for the bigger shrimp. It's been a good season, despite the two storms which affected it. We are close to 700 lbs., heads on, now.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Yeeeeeaaaaaaah!!!! Nice catch y'all!!!!!!!!!!!