Hunting Pack

TurDuckBuck89

What would yall recomend for a hunting pack? Use is for backpacking in miles off the road and camping out for atleast two weeks for elk.

deadend

A Kifaru Duplex is most likely the best for what you're describing but a good backpacking internal is hard to beat. I've got several packs but end up using my REI XT85 for elk hunting most of the time. Packed out two elk with it this year and camps too.

Rich Kaminski

Going in miles and staying for 2 weeks? I would go by horseback and mule. Save your back and spend a few bucks more.

ben300win

Eberlestock just one with the add on super spike camp duffer. Have had mine over 10 years and it still looks new even after packing elk out.

660griz

Eberlestock Blue Widow with regular duffel and butt bucket. Eberlestock Tail Hook w/bucket for shorter trips.
My wife has a Crooked Horn Trail Blazer and a Badlands...4500 I think.

ripplerider

Check out the Rokslide forum. It's geared towards western backpack hunters theres a world of info on there. Whole sub-forum on packs. Badlands is not gonna work for that long a trip.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Backlands Superday is what I've used for the past 8 years. They have the best warranty in the business as well. The last pack you will ever have to buy. eBay is the cheapest place I've found to buy them.