11-15-14

HOG-HEAD

cooler temps brought a good crowd to the roost on sat...The first drive was in the big block , lightbulb and myself turned out first ,both packs struck quickly and started to run , my dogs started out towards the standers on mailbox rd ..boom boom...swing and a miss , sometimes they just pick on visitors and first time doggers...they turned back in the drive and soon lost the deer in some flat water and switched over to fooling with some hogs until they were electronically called out...lightbulbs dogs ran some deer to pond rd across a stand where nobody was....second drive was behind the clubhouse to Hendrix rd...odell , sweets and dogwater were up...allthe packs jumped and were running quickly and headed into the drive , sweets pack circled a couple of times and ran some does between the standers on pond rd....dogwaters pack was burning one down in the middles of the block when they made a swing towards archer rd ....boom booom booom...out of the drive , caught dogs running a nice buck.....then the blue mafia was bringing one down beside the pond straight to me...I saw a flash , safety off , reed cane snapping ,deer ,deer ,deer ,deer no horns , dang it ,,shoot a doe...to late gone...they turned back into the drive towards the standers boom...the a little further boom....when the train settled down there were 2 does dead....had a visitor from Carolina get one...one of the does was a piebald that got away....the rest of the day was pretty much the same thing allday...great races that ended in us catching the dogs as the deer got away....did have a father and 10 year old son tag team on a spike....hope the rain will help us ...talk to ya soon

Dreamer69

Hog Head, Thanks for the 2 post on here. Miss reading your stories now I can enjoy reading them and looking back on the good ole days. Keep us posted and hopefully the rain will keep coming so the dogs keep on running.