Hoa

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Neighborhood held a vote to form an HOA.
HOA LLC formed with the state.
HOA did not set bylaws or pay yearly dues.
State administratively dissolved LLC.
Does a new vote have to be taken by the subdivision to form another HOA or just form another LLC?

ryanh487

Why would you do that to yourselves
Abandon ship, repeat, abandon ship.

HOAs are one of the most unamerican invasion on private property rights. You do not want one. Ever.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master

HOAs are one of the most unamerican invasion on private property rights. You do not want one. Ever.

This, but worse than that, once the State passes along the dissolution to the right department the State can come in and appoint a management company to take over the operation of the HOA.

My question is why in the heck would subdivision that didn't have an HOA to begin with vote to form one? That is just insanity.

notnksnemor

Agree!
HOA is trying to take my property.
I've beat them down to this point, just want to know if they have to hold another vote or just type and pay?

notnksnemor

This, but worse than that, once the State passes along the dissolution to the right department the State can come in and appoint a management company to take over the operation of the HOA.

My question is why in the heck would subdivision that didn't have an HOA to begin with vote to form one? That is just insanity.

Readers digest version:
Covenants called for HOA, none formed for 13 years.
I bought property out of foreclosure people in subdivision thought was community property. They formed an HOA to take it. Lost legal decisions and did not pursue the HOA further.
Just want to know if they can reinstate it later when they want to continue the fight?

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Readers digest version:
Covenants called for HOA, none formed for 13 years.
I bought property out of foreclosure people in subdivision thought was community property. They formed an HOA to take it. Lost legal decisions and did not pursue the HOA further.
Just want to know if they can reinstate it later when they want to continue the fight?

Who paid the taxes for the 13 years?
So they formed a HOA specially just to sue you for the land?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Unless it is defined in the original deeds and covenants of the subdivision as "common property" and unless they've ever had a legal deed to the property they don't have a leg to stand on.

I would lawyer up and take them for everything they're not worth, plus some.

notnksnemor

Who paid the taxes for the 13 years?
So they formed a HOA specially just to sue you for the land?

Unless it is defined in the original deeds and covenants of the subdivision as "common property" and unless they've ever had a legal deed to the property they don't have a leg to stand on.

I would lawyer up and take them for everything they're not worth, plus some.

Taxes for 13 years paid by the developer until he lost it in foreclosure.
In legaleze, I'm the successor to the developer on this property, already passed legal muster. Property is mine.
There are a few less than informed, that will probably push the HOA thing for other issues.
Just want to know if they have to have another vote or just pay the back dues?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Taxes for 13 years paid by the developer until he lost it in foreclosure.
In legaleze, I'm the successor to the developer on this property, already passed legal muster. Property is mine.
There are a few less than informed, that will probably push the HOA thing for other issues.
Just want to know if they have to have another vote or just pay the back dues?

If their registration with the state has been dissolved there is no HOA that can legally accept dues.

There are attorney's out there that eat these kind of groups and even legally standing HOA's for lunch. Find one, and make sure they have to pay your attorney's fees in the settlement.