Poacher Caught In The Act

It would appear that the diligence shown by many of us "Doubting Thomas's" may have provided the impetus to move this on for a conviction (we will though need to be able to read or look up the actual case in order to verify that this has actually resulted in a conviction) and "if" that is the case I owe Justus4all a dollar ! I would expect that because this matter resulted in close to 600 posts I would say that this made things move along to its probable conclusion because it was too visible to fall thru the cracks !

dgmeadows

It would appear that the diligence shown by many of us "Doubting Thomas's" may have provided the impetus to move this on for a conviction (we will though need to be able to read or look up the actual case in order to verify that this has actually resulted in a conviction) and "if" that is the case I owe Justus4all a dollar ! I would expect that because this matter resulted in close to 600 posts I would say that this made things move along to its probable conclusion because it was too visible to fall thru the cracks !

Geez. The OP diligently pursued the prosecution, the GW did a thorough job, and it is reported by several others that this particular GW has a history of doing so, yet you are so self absorbed and delusional that you actually think that your ridiculous posts on this forum were the key to it getting done.

As a UGA graduate, I must ask you to please change your user name. You are embarrassing us.

Last edited:
Thank You !

Geez. The OP diligently pursued the prosecution, the GW did a thorough job, and it is reported by several others that this particular GW has a history of doing so, yet you are so self absorbed and delusional that you actually think that your ridiculous posts on this forum was the key to it getting done.

As a UGA graduate, I must ask you to please change your user name. You are embarrassing us.

I wasn't implying that my post did it-I do strongly believe that by keeping this issue out there it gave those who are asked to enforce these laws the attention it needed to keep it from being dropped.....Have a nice day !! (PS - Not changing the user name ) !!

Resica

Geez. The OP diligently pursued the prosecution, the GW did a thorough job, and it is reported by several others that this particular GW has a history of doing so, yet you are so self absorbed and delusional that you actually think that your ridiculous posts on this forum was the key to it getting done.

facepalm::cool:

ScottA

Why can't you admit you were wrong? Your belief that this posting was the impetus for the Ranger to pursue this case instead of his dedication to his profession, is insulting to the Ranger. Furthermore you are questioning my integrity when you state that you need to"verify that this has actually resulted in a conviction". Everything I have posted on this thread is 100% the truth.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Some folks on here have a hard time with being wrong.
Its the Fonzie syndrome.

I have a pretty bad case of it myself.:rofl:

dtala

only a self absorbed idiot would think that his posts on a hunting forum thread "made" the ranger and the courts go forward with this case to a conviction.

Sometimes it best to just shutup......:smash::smash::smash:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
only a self absorbed idiot would think that his posts on a hunting forum thread "made" the ranger and the courts go forward with this case to a conviction.

^^^THIS!^^
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

ScottA congrats on the conviction! Glad to see it..

Loud and Clear.....

So what was his sentence/fine/etc.....:flag:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Would imagine this should make the GON Hall of Shame.

Just to keep this ball in the air I stayed in contact with the probate office in Jasper and learned that the "Perp" Pled Guilty to Hunting Without Permission and was fined $350 on April 7, 2014. Seems to me that is probably less expensive than joining most clubs along with no work days to attend and no fine for not wearing orange, etc...!! I'd say he got off pretty light ! How does that compare with the penalty for other violations some have incurred for what would appear to be lesser violations !!!

By the way-Justus4all and I have already communicated about the wager !

T.P.

Banned
The fine was light because there was no real proof he actually did it. He just agreed to the fine to move on and close the case.

KLBTJTALLY1

A lot of time spent on this one. The funny thing is the guy could have went to an awesome club (no offense) and killed a huge buck for $800-! Idiot.
It shows a man's salt who admits he's wrong and later has the cods to say not guilty. I believe he got off too easy. In Florida that would have been a stiffer penalty.
I live in Leon County and had a neighbor night hunting under full moons. Tried repeatedly to get the game officers involved and they did nothing. Told them they were also going on federal property where hunting wasn't allowed, still did nothing.

Cudos to the good DNR agent.

dgmeadows

The fine was light because there was no real proof he actually did it. He just agreed to the fine to move on and close the case.

The pictures were "real" - they existed. Proof = evidence. The pics are evidence. Perhaps not sufficient evidence in the minds of some who just don't understand how the justice system actually works.

While the judge can take into account lots of things, I doubt very seriously he/she ever thought "these pics are weak evidence." More likely, they considered first offender status (if applicable), the confession (saving the court system time & money for a trial) and even the convicted's ability to pay.

Here is something to keep in mind - the OJ Simpson trial was an aberration. Those of you that believe there must be a picture or eyewitness of the shooter in the act of shooting to convict.... are just wrong.

dtala

really??? so he just pled guilty because he didn't want to go to court and beat the charges???

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
really??? so he just pled guilty because he didn't want to go to court and beat the charges???

Never heard that one before have you?:rofl:

T

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher

I agree, the guy could have seen a deer on the ground and went to get it, now he is a victim of the legal system. I feel bad for the guy honestly.