Dirty Vinyl Siding

dooner

Anyone know of a cleaner that will clean a red mud stain off vinyl siding without discoloring the vinyl? I have tried Clorox and various cleaners without much success.

merc123

B52 degreaser. Works on a race car. Test it on a piece though because it does dull "shiny" aluminum.

camotoy

i use Hull brite made for boat hulls but works great to get the clay stains off my siding

trial&error

orange blast doesn't discolor my vinyl, doesn't harm the clear coat on my car either unlike other cleaners.
ymmv

nkbigdog

Mix clorox with water 10% strengh and use pressure washer will come right off..Rinse after

bigt61

Mix clorox with water 10% strengh and use pressure washer will come right off..Rinse after

Running bleach through your pressure washer will eat out the seals.

Spray it on with a spray bottle.

marcus3434

They make a outdoor clorox. Just spray it on and wash it off. Pressure really isnt needed. If you still have some spots which I doubt you will, try mixing a little jomax with it. We use this 50+ houses a year and works fine.

bany

CLR is probably one of your best bets, looks like Hull Brite could be a winner too.

alvishere

Find a "professional" pressure washer in your area that washes homes for a living..he might be able to help you.
Their is not a one magic cleaner (bleach, joemax etc.) that will remove everything...most of the time we use our on formula to get the quick results we need....(but if you don't know your chemicals that can be very dangerous)
As you can tell the equipment has a lot to do with it as well

bany

Like I said, get some CLR and use a scotch brite pad and your brute strength or maybe just a cloth and your hand and wipe it down and rinse. Sometimes the clay permiates into vinyl and you need to replace it.