homemade deer feeder

ramblinrack

heres one I made out of 8'' water pipe. its about 6' tall and holds 90 lbs of corn. I sawed 3 lil triangles in the bottom, used some angle braces to screw it to a 2'x2' piece of treated plywood, put a cap on it and spray painted it. I put the chain on it to wrap around a tree so it won't get knocked over. works great. these pics are from last year.

Attachments

• whiteoaks129.jpg
    whiteoaks129.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 11,165
  • whiteoaks137-1.jpg
    whiteoaks137-1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 9,915
  • whiteoaks435.jpg
    whiteoaks435.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 16,973

HunterFF

4" pvc

PICT2937_zps388d144a.jpg

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
I'm with hunterff... Easy to make and really cheap, I spent 17 bucks and made 2 that included zip ties and the caps for them

Good looking trough build. I like to use 8 inch or 6 inch PVC pipe with caps and 4 sets of eye bolts 2 top 2 toward the bottom with rachet straps the deer seem to be more comfortable eating around them a tripod feeder or trough seems to keep the bigger bucks away for me...

HDDyna06

Racoons?

We have tried both pipe and trough feeders. I guess you have accepted feeding the coons or dont have many? Seems we have 8 -10 that are regulars at every feeder. Broadcast seems to give the turkeys, deer, and hogs and equal chance when the spinner goes off.

IIICrkRepr

Here are a couple my boy and I put together. 6" pipe to 4" reducer and y pipe. Holds 2 bags of corn. overall length 8'

Attachments

• Dark side.jpg
    Dark side.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 9,149

7 point

This is the only pic I have of mine its attatched to A plastic 35 gal drum .

Attachments

• ICAM0006.JPG
    ICAM0006.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 14,228

boomhower

use some frame design as defcon15 but get a plastic 55gal drum and cut it in half to hold the feed/corn. will hold at least 100lbs. easy to fill and the feed doesn't come in ground contact to become moldy. the mold can and will kill turkeys very quickly if they eat the moldy feed or corn.

IIICrkRepr

Where did you get your Y? i looked at home depot and they didnt have one and do they eat from the Y?

Got the Y from Lowes. I have had 2 deer feeding at the same time and have a few pics of deer with their head in one side while a raccoon was eating out the other side. They will stick their face right down in there. If you have hogs you can lift it off the ground so they will not get in it. And with 2 rachet straps never had a bear pull one off either.

Attachments

• Bear.JPG
    Bear.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 8,041

BuckHunter31

Simple pipe feeder with a Y. Drill holes in the bottom cap for water drainage. I build mine around 7 ft tall and they hold 45-50 pounds of corn/feed. Simple, cheap, and effective.

BuckHunter31

We had a trough feeder but the hogs eventually tore it down. Concrete the posts in and had a tin roof. But the hogs just tore it up. We stick to pipe feeders now with 2 ratchet straps around them. They have a hard time eating out of them and the sure ain't tearing them off the tree.

turkeykirk

This is the only pic I have of mine its attatched to A plastic 35 gal drum .

That squirrel looks like he has found a home!