Camper pricing question?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We have decided to sell our 06 Outback due to not using it much anymore. Since we got the little place on Lake Sinclair we have only camped a couple of times. I am trying to sell it on the market place but haven't connected with a buyer yet. Several have shown interest and a couple have come to look at it.

I have it priced $2000+ under NADA. Do y'all think folks would rather pay $25,000 or more for a new unit over getting an good used one for 1/3 that amount?

I haven't worked up the courage to put it on Craigslist yet:hair:

marknga

GONetwork Member
We have decided to sell our 06 Outback due to not using it much anymore. Since we got the little place on Lake Sinclair we have only camped a couple of times. I am trying to sell it on the market place but haven't connected with a buyer yet. Several have shown interest and a couple have come to look at it.

I have it priced $2000+ under NADA. Do y'all think folks would rather pay $25,000 or more for a new unit over getting an good used one for 1/3 that amount?

I haven't worked up the courage to put it on Craigslist yet:hair:

Get ready when you go on Craigslist... you will get some calls.
I think most sellers do bookouts and add "every option" they can to get the selling price up. When in fact most lenders and buyers (dealers) are looking at base wholesale ( usually about 10% less than low retail)
Of course condition had a LOT to do with it.
Good luck.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Get ready when you go on Craigslist... you will get some calls.
I think most sellers do bookouts and add "every option" they can to get the selling price up. When in fact most lenders and buyers (dealers) are looking at base wholesale ( usually about 10% less than low retail)
Of course condition had a LOT to do with it.
Good luck.

Probably so. My camper had a a new roof in 2014 that cost almost as much as I'm asking for it. There isn't a way to even show that as an option in the nada thing.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Will you owner finance????:rofl:
I know a lot of people that don't care about total price as long as they qualify for the lowest possible payments.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Will you owner finance????:rofl:
I know a lot of people that don't care about total price as long as they qualify for the lowest possible payments.

There is an opportunity for you in this!!!

You buy from me as a cash sale. Then "reap the rewards" with the monthly income.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I am cash poor at the moment. You will understand since you bought your place on the lake

Attachments

• woodland 2008 006.jpg
    woodland 2008 006.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 788

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Looks like a bargain to me. Perhaps more pics, unless the marketplace will only let you do three. Don't know, I don't use that place. I buy and sell stuff on Facebook.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Looks like a bargain to me. Perhaps more pics, unless the marketplace will only let you do three. Don't know, I don't use that place. I buy and sell stuff on Facebook.

It looks like a bargain to me also.I am credit rich and cash poor.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Yep
Three is the limit :confused:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Yep
Three is the limit :confused:
That's crazy. I wonder if it would be within the rules to load up a general thread (not sale thread) here in the forum full of pics for an item such as this and then link the thread to your sales post on the marketplace.

That way the potential buyer could go to the link and see a bunch of pics of such an item.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
That's crazy. I wonder if it would be within the rules to load up a general thread (not sale thread) here in the forum full of pics for an item such as this and then link the thread to your sales post on the marketplace.

That way the potential buyer could go to the link and see a bunch of pics of such an item.

I dropped out of the moderator soiree in 2013 so I don't know the particulars these days. I expect NCH will be along to say what is and isn't allowed.

Anyone interested can reply to my ad in the market place and I can send more pics by text.

Todd E

People want new and they want financing. They are not so concerned about price.

You will have to be patient until the right buyer finds your camper ad. I've been there. You will need to play the market with social media ads(if you're into it). Craigslist(not as big nowadays).......folks check all the FB online yard sale pages. That's where the visibility is.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
People want new and they want financing. They are not so concerned about price.

You will have to be patient until the right buyer finds your camper ad. I've been there. You will need to play the market with social media ads(if you're into it). Craigslist(not as big nowadays).......folks check all the FB online yard sale pages. That's where the visibility is.

I don't do FB but I have some family that do. Maybe I can ask one of them to post.

Oldstick

Do y'all think folks would rather pay $25,000 or more for a new unit over getting an good used one for 1/3 that amount?

My bet is that a majority of people looking fall into the second category.

You might try searching for RV and camping related forums, sometimes you will find a group dedicated to owners of a particular brand or style of RV, or just RVs in general. The often have a "for sale/trade" section. Also there is an online RV Trader, similar to Auto Trader.

660griz

I was going to suggest RV Trader as well. Also, there are free picture hosting sites. Take a bunch and put a link in the ad. For more pictures go here.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
PM sent...:)