Camper Shell Question

krizia829

Looking to sell my tonneau cover on my Silverado and replace it with a camper shell, topper, truck cap, w.e it's called lol

Was wondering if it would make the bed of the truck completely water proof? Water finds its way in through my tonneau cover and the shell I feel will be much better for us.

We can fit more things in the back, everything stays locked, can be used to possibly sleep in for a weekend hunt, etc.

I hate to always have to put my luggage inside garbage bags when they ride back there...

My main worry is the water.. What are your thoughts / experiences with them??

krizia829

I will take a look at that. Thank you!!

krizia829

The issue is sealing around the tailgate. Rain gets in there and items will get wet.
Are there certain spots that I should take a look at? That way I can put weather strip on it

Where the tail gates meets the bed. Just gonna have to apply the closed cell foam mentioned above until you get the tail gate sealed off where it joins the bed at the sides and bottoms. Make sure all your bed side stake holes are plugged off also on top or anywhere water can get it

PaDawg

Like said above, you can seal the gap but its a pain and requires time and patience. Also, it's easy to damage and peel off so it's continuous effort to maintain. YMMV though.