Box Call??

Duff

Going to buy a box call this year, because 500 calls does not take up enough room in my vest :rolleyes: and wondered what everyone thought would be a good one to buy??

What is the best store bought one, or is a custom made the only way to go??

Oh yea, I don't want to spend a arm and leg so a custom my be out of the question.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Are you looking for something that has collectability potential or something to be used primarily for hunting?

Duff

David,

Only for hunting. Thanks

gobblinglawyer

I see you're in Cleveland. Come over to Unicoi State Park this weekend and check out some of the vendors at the GA State NWTF Convention. You can surely find a call there that suits your ear and your style of play (ex. heavy hand, light hand, etc.)

LKennamer

Listen close

Also, the acoustics inside are different....I bought two from Jack Scott a few years back, one for my ear and one for my Dad as a Father's Day gift. When I tried them outside, turned out the one I liked sounding more like what he prefers and vice versa. Both sounded great, so I just switched and we're both happy. Best box call I've ever owned, with the possible exception of a personalized Neil Cost box he tuned for me as a gift. It stays under lock and key now.