“Mom, I caught a live one!!

groundhawg

I heard this yesterday from a coworker.

My coworker’s brother-in-law has a friend whose son has autism. He’s 17 years old and high functioning. He was at home alone one day while she was at work. He is capable of staying at home alone. She calls him several times throughout the day to check on him when he is at home alone. On this day she called around 10am and couldn’t reach him. She called again with no answer. She told her co-workers she was leaving to check on her son. On her way out she tried him again. He answered and said excitedly “Mom, I caught a live one!! They’re REAL MOM!!!” Then he quickly hung up. She tried him a few more times, but no answer. She called 911 as she’s driving home and asked them to do a welfare check. She told them he is 17 and has autism, but she said he’s acting strange. She pulls up to her house as the police arrive. She said papers were scattered all over the front and side yard. She and one officer go in the front door while the 2nd officer goes around back. She goes in the front door and her son runs up to her shouting with excitement “mom they’re real!!! I got one l, I got one!!!!” She was trying to settle him down when they hear racket in the back of the house. She and the officer go down the hall towards the racket and see a closed bathroom door with duct tape wrapped around the knob, stretched across the hall and wrapped around a bedroom door knob. Someone was banging on the bathroom door. They broke the tape and a little person shoots out of the bathroom, runs past everyone and out the front door screaming. The mom realizes immediately what happened. Her 17 year old has been fascinated with Trolls for years and has never seen a little person. The little person is a Jehova’s Witness. He stopped at the house and rang the doorbell. The kid opened the door and saw what he thought was a real troll. He chased the “troll” around the yard and finally tackled him. He picked the “troll” up in a bear hug, got him in the house and in the bathroom. The troll locked the door. The kid found duct tape nearby and fixed the door so that it could not be opened. The little person was traumatized.

oldfella1962

Like they say "if it sounds too good to be true....."