1/6

sprewett

Thought I was finished last Sunday but due to a change of events getting after it one last time. Hooray! Headed to Paulding hardwood bottom in a ladder stand. 37 degrees hope one steps out. Good luck ladies and gentlemen

BmasterVol

Heading out myself. This morning and tomorrow morning will be it. Need to fill the buck tag.

bulletjig

Back at it again this morning. All our plots on the Hooch are flooded from all the rain so I’m on a clover plot between hardwoods and a growed up field in n south Douglas 33°

BmasterVol

0 again for me. So strange

BmasterVol

The turkeys just now showed up

sprewett

@BmasterVol well? Anything? I'm still at it probably leave around 2 so long as the wind cooperates or my butt gets to hurting to bad from this expanded metal stand.

BmasterVol

@BmasterVol well? Anything? I'm still at it probably leave around 2 so long as the wind cooperates or my butt gets to hurting to bad from this expanded metal stand.
No, nothing ever came by and then I had to move out and run some errands. Probably back at it this evening and last hunt in the morning.

It’s really strange. I was given permission to hunt this property in late November. It’s one 200 yard gas line with hard woods on each side that I don’t have access to. The first three weeks I saw deer regularly, killed three deer in those three weeks bc I wanted to fill up the freezer. The last deer I shot was on December 17. Now I was hunting twice a week tops. I’ve had a lot of time off around Christmas so I’ve hunted a lot more than that. But I haven’t seen a deer on a hunt since I shot that last one. I still get them on camera at dark, I saw a good buck at 7:30 am on Tuesday so I’ve been hunting him hard all week. But I haven’t seen a deer since. Has to be the pressure I suppose as I killed so many in such a short time.

Gator89

No, nothing ever came by and then I had to move out and run some errands. Probably back at it this evening and last hunt in the morning.

It’s really strange. I was given permission to hunt this property in late November. It’s one 200 yard gas line with hard woods on each side that I don’t have access to. The first three weeks I saw deer regularly, killed three deer in those three weeks bc I wanted to fill up the freezer. The last deer I shot was on December 17. Now I was hunting twice a week tops. I’ve had a lot of time off around Christmas so I’ve hunted a lot more than that. But I haven’t seen a deer on a hunt since I shot that last one. I still get them on camera at dark, I saw a good buck at 7:30 am on Tuesday so I’ve been hunting him hard all week. But I haven’t seen a deer since. Has to be the pressure I suppose as I killed so many in such a short time.

Acorns gone from the hardwoods, deer moved to another food source is my guess.

On our lease the deer moved from acorns to wheat fields 2-3 weeks ago.

BmasterVol

Acorns gone from the hardwoods, deer moved to another food source is my guess.

On our lease the deer moved from acorns to wheat fields 2-3 weeks ago.
Maybe that’s what it is, tho I do have a pile of corn laying out there that they eat periodically at night