12/23

sprewett

Headed to Paulding. Wife thinks I am nuts she is correct. 22 degrees gonna be sitting in a ladder stand overlooking a hardwood bottom with acorns that deer are still visiting hopefully get another chance at the buck I missed Wednesday evening.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Just came in here to see who was crazy enough to consider going out.. it’s not the cold but that wind. :rofl:

Little Slayer just went outside too. Good luck folks, I’m in my pj’s and drinking coffee this morning...

Dusty Roads

Fannin/15(20-15 in 1 hr)/breezy with gusts/power outages all around according to app/waves of heavy rains last night than snow 5-6am/winds too much for steady shot so….
GLA
8:30-12 little breeze/AV weather saz winds at 6000’ doing 80 Knots!!

Last edited:

Dusty Roads

Headed to Paulding. Wife thinks I am nuts she is correct. 22 degrees gonna be sitting in a ladder stand overlooking a hardwood bottom with acorns that deer are still visiting hopefully get another chance at the buck I missed Wednesday evening.
Be sure to get down before your hands freeze up/had close call long time ago GL

deermaster13

Yeah I'm trying a Harwood bottom next to a bedding area. I left my powerline alone this morning. Figured this insulated blind with my heater would be better. Wind is whipping it in Wilkes this morning.

Hunter922

About 115 inch deer hit on Dallas Highway, in the median now... should be like carrying a kitchen table he's got to be frozen stiff.. nice deer probably hit last night.

bass4fun

Just came in here to see who was crazy enough to consider going out.. it’s not the cold but that wind. :rofl:

Little Slayer just went outside too. Good luck folks, I’m in my pj’s and drinking coffee this morning...

Agree! I have hunted and fished this weather before when I wore a younger mans clothes. Getting older and more fair weather now. Good luck and stay safe.

hawkeye123

Trying it in the am when wind dies down..last time it was this cold saw most deer ever in one sit bout 30..they didn't move til 9. Hunting 0830 -

sprewett

Guess I was wrong on the 22 this morning. Guess it is 12 instead.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223-104332.png
    Screenshot_20221223-104332.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 8

Hit-n-Miss

Well I may be nuts. But I’m in stand Thomas county. Below freezing and heater won’t stay lit. But I’m in a box blind so that helps. Only a monster gets a ride in the truck.

sprewett

Stayed on the ground this evening in Bartow. Saw one good doe, a squirrel nest large enough for my family to move in, a fox, rabbit, redtail hawk, osprey, and two turkey. It was an awesome and highly enjoyable hunt. But now I am tired and knees are stiff from hiking straight up and down mtns for a few miles.