100 3 gallon pots - looking for a project (found one!!)

Jim Boyd

Great job on the entire project

If I remember correctly:

Soil $250
Pots $ 50
Pepper. $ 35

Fuel. $ 25. Maybe

Call it 150 trees (was more than that but some croaked and a few were given away) and $360 in costs…..

$2.40 per tree.

Pepper was squirrel deterrent.

Oh yeah, add a bag of 13-13-13 also.

I will be dead before they come of size but the farm will have the trees!!!!

Jim Boyd

Got two brothers coming to assist this weekend.

Some rain in forecast.

Hope to get 100+ more trees planted.

Will run out of blue tubes and will have to use some white, slotted tubes that we had on the pear trees a few years back. Not sure they will work as good but better than nothing, I think.

These trees will all be on our little 57 acres.

Ihunt

Jim, I spoiled the tree I sent you acorns from and it produced in 4-5 years. I know you can’t do to your trees what I did to that one but I bet you see them produce before your time card gets punched.

Jim Boyd

Jim, I spoiled the tree I sent you acorns from and it produced in 4-5 years. I know you can’t do to your trees what I did to that one but I bet you see them produce before your time card gets punched.

Thanks for everything, brother!

We have some trees that are about 4 now and are starting to crown.

Maybe with no late frosts and another year or two, they can start to produce.

Good rain coming behind our planting this weekend and the ones I planted last weekend so hope they get a decent re-start being in the ground now.

Glad yours are doing great!

Jim Boyd

IMG_4482.png

Jim Boyd

Possibly 1+ inch of rain in two days.,,,,

Jim Boyd

Yeah, basically at my place they are either gonna grow or they ain’t!

Might fertilize them periodically.

Persimmon project this spring and thinking of some pears soon.

BluewaterFever

Nicely done Mr Jim. Looks like an eager group of helpers you got there, better feed em good this evening.

It is nice to see your improvements to the property in the few short years you have had it, lots of work in such a short period of time. Thanks for allowing us to follow along.
You may not see all the fruit of the labor that you have endured improving the property but the satisfaction you have now should fill your heart and soul with great sense of accomplishment.

Jim Boyd

Nicely done Mr Jim. Looks like an eager group of helpers you got there, better feed em good this evening.

It is nice to see your improvements to the property in the few short years you have had it, lots of work in such a short period of time. Thanks for allowing us to follow along.
You may not see all the fruit of the labor that you have endured improving the property but the satisfaction you have now should fill your heart and soul with great sense of accomplishment.

Thank you, brother Karl.

We are having a ball!

Jim Boyd

Ran short of tubes.

Got all the support poles in the ground.

Will return next week and complete the project.

Rain starting just now.