11/5 am

Dupree

About to head to my lease in Polk county with my son. He’s going to be making his first elevated solo sit ever, (he’s only hunted by himself in ground blinds)
, in a stand we hung Friday afternoon on a road bed in some mature pines. I’ll be on a food plot about 300 yards from him, after I walk him to his stand and make sure he gets tied in and situated safely.

Ace1313

Headed in a hardwood bottom funnel of a peanut field in Mitchell. Clear 42* very light N wind. Fresh rub and scrape weee in here last week. Needs to be a toad this morning.

Dupree

We are about to walk in. 20 minutes until shooting light. Just had this pic come through from the trail crossing the road bed my son will be watching. No feed or anything at this spot. All natural, but has a good used trail. Put the cam out to mainly watch for the neighbors using our road, but made sure to find a deer trail when I placed it so it could serve two purposes. After a couple of days I decided there needed to be a stand there. IMG_1573.png

JHannah92

I'm in a ladder on a Talbot clear cut. Figured I could catch em chasing out here this morning. I was right. Solid buck chasing a doe on the ridge in front of me just after daylight. Dunno how solid cause he was gone quick. Good sign for the morning.

Dupree

I’m settled on my pitiful food plot. It was looking good 3 weeks ago, but no rain in a month and heavy deer pressure shows. 4 does beat me here before I got back from putting my son on stand. I had already set my stuff at the blind when we walked in. I’m 99.9% sure I won’t see anything worthy of my second buck tag, but you never know. My son isn’t too picky. Anything 2yrs old and up probably ain’t safe.

Dupree

Dang had one blowing way I walked in about 10min before light, am I screwed
No. I got blown at walking to my stand yesterday morning and ended up seeing 7+ does and 4 different bucks. All the bucks and 2 of the does were in bow range.

I also got blown at for 10 minutes straight last year on opening day of bow season. 30 minutes later deer started piling in and I shot the 15th one, a 136” 10 point.

Latest posts