12/11 AM/PM

Dupree

IMG_2054.jpegIMG_2050.pngIMG_2047.pngI’ve been settled about 10 minutes. I’m on my bow only spot in Carroll county. Last Friday I put some corn where I had some bucks on a scrape a month ago, that I hadn’t gotten on cam anywhere else on the property. I had several bucks start hitting it yesterday. One is a real nice 7 point and the other is an 8 point that has Pedicle damage on his right side. I think the 7 is at least a year older so he is the one I’m hoping to shoot. Both bucks were in here during legal light yesterday afternoon. The 8 was in here at 11 this morning as well.

I brought a climber in and climbed up 20’ about 30 yards off the corn. There was absolutely no way I would be able to get a shot to the corn. I climbed back down and moved trees and climbed again. While I was pulling up my ravin a spike came in. Had to wait for him to leave to cock my crossbow. He about walked under me to get to the corn, but when he got there I think he caught a whiff of me. Every now and then I can feel the wind hit the back of my right ear and that ain’t good.

Most likely I’m gonna spook some deer this eve. Here’s a pic of the spike, and the 2 good bucks (lots of young ones) using here.

hunter84

Back at it in Gilmer need to put some meat in the freezer I have been eat up with little bucks this year all to small to shoot maybe something will come by this evening. Good luck everyone and be safe.

Dupree

After he ate corn he circled around down wind and got a little spooky, but never blew.

Two does just ran in

Dupree

A different spike was pushing what was a doe and baby. The big doe kept going, her baby is 40 yards behind me, and the spike is eating corn

Dupree

That deer circled. Never saw it, but heard deer running through the thick stuff behind me. Caught bits and pieces. Both the yearling bucks here took off to investigate

Dupree

Doe is behind me and down wind high stepping around.

Dupree

Walking out. Saw nothing else

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Saw one small doe at sunset, let it go.