12/28

Dupree

About to hit the road for my Clay county Alabama club. Won’t have service to post where I’ll be sitting. It’s a creek bottom between clear cuts and is being used as a highway. Beat down trail with scrapes and rubs. They say the first week of January is when they are chasing the most there.

When I was checking my cell cams not long ago, I discovered I had a new visitor in my back yard. Unfortunate for him, it’s a full moon and I was awake. I’ll deal with his stinking carcass later today. Hunting until around 11, then I’ve got to drive back and take care of a few things at work. IMG_2177.pngIMG_2178.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpeg
    IMG_2178.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 11

B. White

I checked a little ridge that runs between big drop offs right off the paved road yesterday afternoon. Bedding areas full of those big clumped up type piles droppings and a couple of rubs.

Oaks and beeches that are in the right places are too big for the tree seat and small stuff isn't big enough, so will sit in the turkey chair at the head of a spring where I can see down the ditch and across the ridge where they've bedded. Wind is supposed to be out of the west according to the forecast, which would not be good, but it has been steady out of the east on my weather station, so I'll take a chance and try and get lucky.

1703760840640.jpeg

Dupree

About to head in. 20 minutes until legal shooting light. 37* and crisp. Should be a good morning for movement.

pse hunter

Elbert county public land again this morning in a different spot. saw two sets of eyes walking in. then bumped a deer at the tree I climbed up in I hate when the deer are already in here but maybe i didn't spooked them to bad GL everybody

pse hunter

Nothing yet. nice morning but the deer sighting have been slow the last few weeks

Dupree

Saw a doe and 2 babies. Headed home to load up that stinking hog.

bulletjig

what do you use to cut it up like that.. gonna buy a meat slicer saw but there are so many to choose from i would like to get a kind that someone has already tried and confirmed that it works
Just a cheap meat slicer then use a knife and make strips.