1911 trade thoughts

Adam5

I have three 1911’s that are all 5” full sized. One is a Colt Cold Cup National Match .45, one is a Springfield Loaded .45, and the other is a Rock Island 10mm. I’m thinking of diversifying, particularly with two full size .45’s.

I have chance to trade the Springfield Loaded for a Springfield Range Officer Champion Lightweight Commander 9mm. It has the box, docs, G10 and original grips, six mags, and a leather IWB holster.

Trade or pass?

Lilly001

Do YOU want the Commander more than the trade?
That is your only question.

frankwright

If you want the 9mm commander I would jump on it.

I had the same gun in .45 and it was great.

Robert28

I would do that in a heartbeat and here’s why. The Range Officer Champion is no longer made and everyone is looking for a RO. Why Springfield discontinued them I’ll never understand but they love doing that. They don’t replace them with better guns either in my opinion, and they name then stupid names. The Loaded you’ll be trading can be replaced tomorrow by a Garrison if you want, but the only one Springfield has right now that I like is the Operator. Do the trade!

Dub

You have a target .45 with the Gold Cup.

You have a carry .45 with the Loaded.

You have a woods Gun with the 10mm Rock.

What would the alloy framed 9mm provide you?
Why did they discontinue it?

Do you have any remote future thoughts on having custom work done on the Loaded ?

Adam5

You have a target .45 with the Gold Cup.

You have a carry .45 with the Loaded.

You have a woods Gun with the 10mm Rock.

What would the alloy framed 9mm provide you?
Why did they discontinue it?

Do you have any remote future thoughts on having custom work done on the Loaded ?

The Range Officer series we at away when Springfield revamped and renamed most of their 1911’s.

The alloy framed Commander size will be a. Ross between carry and range use. The lighter frame would be a little nicer for all day carry.

There is a slight chance that it may just be a stepping stone to flip. There is a Bul Armory Officer’s .45 that caught my eye. He’s specifically looking for a Commander in 9mm. He is moving away from .45’s.

There is also a chance of having the alloy Commander bobtailed, the action reworked, and some hand fitting performed to make a it the perfect carry 1911.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

The Range Officer series we at away when Springfield revamped and renamed most of their 1911’s.

The alloy framed Commander size will be a. Ross between carry and range use. The lighter frame would be a little nicer for all day carry.

There is a slight chance that it may just be a stepping stone to flip. There is a Bul Armory Officer’s .45 that caught my eye. He’s specifically looking for a Commander in 9mm. He is moving away from .45’s.

There is also a chance of having the alloy Commander bobtailed, the action reworked, and some hand fitting performed to make a it the perfect carry 1911.

It took me a while to try a bobbed gun, but I will say they work out much better than the officer framed models and arent as pesky on ammo nor as hard on springs.

I carry them loaded with flush fit mags (maintain the bobbed contour), but will have the max capacity mags as spares on belt or in pocket.

C51F73E7-C2A8-483B-B00A-0ECC77D21292.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
i can't make my mind up...and I'm not even trading mine

I sure like my Loaded...like my Champion too...it's not a 9 tho...but my RO is

3s, 4s or 5s...kinda like them all

Adam5

I did make the trade. I met him after work tonight. 9mm RO Champion Lightweight with 2 OEM mags, 4 MecGar mags, and a Tucker & Byrd leather lined Kydex holster. The parkerized finish was a little thirsty, but a good run down with some Mobil 1 took care of that. The pics are before clean up.

Attachments

• 7D83FD5A-E76A-4A50-8B08-F53ACDB4100A.jpeg
    7D83FD5A-E76A-4A50-8B08-F53ACDB4100A.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 72D43333-3A1B-4AC1-B380-E7362A56843C.jpeg
    72D43333-3A1B-4AC1-B380-E7362A56843C.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 23
  • F4DB7713-0366-46B3-B9C2-FA2A804E315B.jpeg
    F4DB7713-0366-46B3-B9C2-FA2A804E315B.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 23

Jester896

Senior Clown
Good lookin pistol right there
My Champion is 2 tone...OD Green on the alloy frame and Parkerized Slide

Dub

I did make the trade. I met him after work tonight. 9mm RO Champion Lightweight with 2 OEM mags, 4 MecGar mags, and a Tucker & Byrd leather lined Kydex holster. The parkerized finish was a little thirsty, but a good run down with some Mobil 1 took care of that. The pics are before clean up.

Looks great.

I often carry my commanders in a leather Tucker that has a very similar attachment loop as yours. Extremely versatile for AIWB & IWB.

Yours is a newer offering that would have had you waiting several months to get.

Gonna be one highly accurate carry rig.

Robert28

Nice trade! Looks like you got a set of grips too. If you ever want to replace the Loaded just get a Garrison or the Operator. I keep looking at the Operator and think I might have to bring one of those home with me before long.

Dub

Hard to beat the 2 time world War champion

:flag:(y)(y)(y)(y):flag:

One can never have too many 1911’s, so the obvious solution is to make the man a reasonable offer on the RO, eat ramen for a few weeks, give it a new home and enjoy.

jim

Bubba & Forrest could have just as easily been discussing 1911s instead of shrimp when they were laying out their shrimp boat captain plans….

Government, Commander, Officer, Bobbed, LW, two-toned, reverse two-toned, CCO,…..now one of each in .45, .38Super, 10mm and then 9mm……..then the 2011 begins…….