20 lb brown trout on the chattahoochee

hold em hook

I would post the pic I saw but it had all his personal info on it. Hopefully someone that knows him will post something more "official"

Coenen

I would post the pic I saw but it had all his personal info on it. Hopefully someone that knows him will post something more "official"
You know what they say; the only fishermen I trust are me and you, and I'm not so sure about you. ::ke:

I'm sure it'll be all over the place before long. A legit 20-pounder out of that river would/will be huge news.

hold em hook

:cheers: no big deal I wouldn't believe it either but I saw the pics. Like I said if it didn't have name, address, phone number I would share it.

He must have been targeting big fish...it appears in the pic like he was using a bait caster,heavy action striper type rig.Kinda odd for the Hooch.

little rascal

Must have been

He must have been targeting big fish...it appears in the pic like he was using a bait caster,heavy action striper type rig.Kinda odd for the Hooch.

a large heavy rooster tail.
Guess we'll see what happens. Dang what a fish!
Bigger than a salmon.

crokseti

I was up above the bridge fishing from a tube to get to the deep pools by the big rock and brought a mask with me to see down. there were several bigger fish in the deepest holes hanging in the timber but one was much larger than the rest. this was several years ago. I have seen real big trout up north with weights of 20-30 lbs. and that one fish was in that range.

Coenen

Just popped up on Facebook. Lists the fish at 20lb 14oz, and 31.5 inches. She's a tank!

EDIT: 9:25 to 9:26 got ninja'd!

I have seen real big trout up north with weights of 20-30 lbs. and that one fish was in that range.
Those Great Lakes fish are no joke. If you don't follow GA DNR Wildlife Resources Division on Facebook, you should. Some the pics they post from their electro-shock surveys are ridiculous.

Last edited:

Bennyhillbilly

Not being a doubting Thomas but DNR still hasn't posted anything on their page or Facebook. If this is true, I want pictures and the story because that brood sow is HUGE!! Inquiring minds want to know!!

snapdog

I believe. There was a guy named Stan Criggers that years ago regularly caught trout over ten pounds from the hooch. Awsome to think there are trout that big there. Old Dead River might even start chasing trout.

Coenen

Not being a doubting Thomas but DNR still hasn't posted anything on their page or Facebook. If this is true, I want pictures and the story because that brood sow is HUGE!! Inquiring minds want to know!!
It's probably not going to work for everybody, but gnaw on this for a minute, if you can. I want to believe...

10304432_921369577876825_5561141779939276871_n.jpg

jerseycat9

Dang it looks like that brown has ate a limit of stockers everyday for the last 5 years lol

StriperrHunterr

I hope he got it to a certified scale. I have GA DNR on my facebook and I haven't seen anything on this, so I'm still on the fence but hopeful.

birddog52

Banned
Big fish you use big bait big fish like that would eat a 8 inch trout or chub and not eat again for few days small flies not own a bruisers like that menu total predatory would just like to know how old that fish is

WinMag.300

great fish

Awesome fish!

I would definitely say that fish eats anything. I have caught 22-25 inch brown trout on very small nymphs, as well as large streamers. Even caught them on small nymphs with 8inch trout halfway down their throat.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=746227&highlight=