2012 ATA photos & products

BOWROD

bow

That is your opinion about the z7 . I won't get my panties in a wad about you not liking it though. Hard to say they don't shoot good when you look and see how many Mathews sold. Just sayin. You shoot what you shoot and I will shoot what I shoot. Enough said.

x2 there are tons of us who like our z7 just fine,,the 8 deer i shot with mine were wishing it didnt shoot well :biggrin2:-to each there own ,,i might switch one day,, my contracts up with mathews ::ke::bounce:

pasinthrough

New videos up for:

Rage Broadheads
Rinehart Targets

Visit my youtube channel

Rodney,

I'd shoot a Z7 too, if I needed to::ke:

I think you're gonna like the new Rage Extreme! It's one of the ones I'll be using this year!

PineThirty

Thanks for posting up all the great videos Derik! That new Rage quiver seems like a winner and for only $45! Do you know If the new Extreme will be offered In a 125 grain? Also are the new chisel tips still going to be $40 for did Rage go up on there price? Thanks again.

New videos up for:

Rage Broadheads
Rinehart Targets

Visit my youtube channel

Rodney,

I'd shoot a Z7 too, if I needed to::ke:

I think you're gonna like the new Rage Extreme! It's one of the ones I'll be using this year!

pasinthrough

I think the Rage Extreme are gonna be $49. I don't think they will have that in a 125 and I am not sure about the price on the new chisel tips...

I'm gonna buy them anyway!:rofl::rofl:

nhancedsvt

Banned
I think the Rage Extreme are gonna be $49. I don't think they will have that in a 125 and I am not sure about the price on the new chisel tips...

$49!!!

I'll stick with the Reapers I guess:biggrin2:

GTBHUNTIN

I shot the lethal force and was really impressed. It was set for over an inch longer than my draw and was still very smooth. I am definitely going to try one that is set to my draw length.

I ended up getting an equalizer release and had time to really shoot it t he other day. I was actually impressed with it. It wasnt as awkward shooting it as I thought it would be.

Don't forget to take a look at the ramcat broadhead. Brett and Chris have taken the broadhead to a whole new level. They have added two O rings that are built into the shank of the ferrul that centers the head to the arrow and also tightens the head inside the insert, there is no play while screwing t the head into your arrow . Also they have gone to an even harder metal and heat treated every metal component for added hardness. The left hand threads and 125grain broadheads were added last year. The last change was increasing the the length of the slot that blades insert into. This allows the blades to rotate to a 68 degrees allow ing for a better back cut and easier target removal.

Last edited:

bdillard

Man, that release looks like it would be really hard to get used to.

BowanaLee

$49.00 :hair: Thank god for sponsors with great broadheads ! :clap:

GTBHUNTIN

bdillard, it really wasn't. I thought it would be really awkward. About 30 mi n. In the backyard was all it took to get used to it. I have a short draw and I am hoping that this will help me out. It doesn't change your anchor point just puts the a string deeper into your palm.

GTBHUNTIN

I have never been impressed with the rage and I think that there will be a lot of disappointed users. I hope all works out for them because I hate hearing about people losing deer, but when you take a head that is already known to have issues with penetration and make the cut even bigger. ..well to me that just seems to be a recipe for even worse penetration . I guess only time will tell.

The Arrow Guru

I have never been impressed with the rage and I think that there will be a lot of disappointed users. I hope all works out for them because I hate hearing about people losing deer, but when you take a head that is already known to have issues with penetration and make the cut even bigger. ..well to me that just seems to be a recipe for even worse penetration . I guess only time will tell.

In five years I have never had an "issue" with penetration. I believe that a lot of those that did, actually had other issues. It's kinda like some one dry firing a bow and the limb breaks. Then they talk about how the limb has issues because thats the part thats broken. When the limb is simply a symptom of the problem. The poor penetration SOME report I think is a symptom of the problem. Not the problem. Of course that is my opinion, although an educated one.

GTBHUNTIN

I have seen lots of hunting footage that shows a lack of penetration along with my experience of tracking wounded deer with dogs for folks the last few years. There is a decent Buck running around my lease with a rage scar. (As long as you put it through the soft tissue between the ribs you should be ok)::ke:

GTBHUNTIN

In five years I have never had an "issue" with penetration. I believe that a lot of those that did, actually had other issues. It's kinda like some one dry firing a bow and the limb breaks. Then they talk about how the limb has issues because thats the part thats broken. When the limb is simply a symptom of the problem. The poor penetration SOME report I think is a symptom of the problem. Not the problem. Of course that is my opinion, although an educated one.

What do believe is the symptom of the problem in the cases of lack penetration?

lungbuster123

I have seen lots of hunting footage that shows a lack of penetration along with my experience of tracking wounded deer with dogs for folks the last few years. There is a decent Buck running around my lease with a rage scar. (As long as you put it through the soft tissue between the ribs you should be ok)::ke:

It is what it is...there are always going to be people who won't use something for whatever reason and people who will use something for whatever reason. This year I used a different mechanical, but i'll be going back to Rage next season. I took this picture the other night after we got my brothers deer taken care of. This was with a 60lb bow and a 385 grain arrow. Just about squared up a rib going in and hit a rib the same way going out. Sharpened it back up for him and it's back in his quiver. 2" in and 2" out...I can't remember how many animals this makes for use with Rage, but it's enough to prove to me they just plain work...at least from my experience with what ive seen and what they have done for me, friends, and my family. I do agree with you that the Ramcat is one of the best fixed blades ive ever shot, but I think like Byron said the lack of penetration is caused by something other then the design in Rage. This year I shot a head that offered a bigger cut then the Rage and ive only shot two deer with them so far this season (gave number 3 a haircut last night :bounce:) but they have still given me great performance and pass throughs. I think most the problems you see are from guys who are to lazy to make sure their bow is shooting right so they mask the problem with a low profile mechanical which just so happens to fly like a field tip no matter what. Lack of penetration is something that's talked about with ALL MECHANICALS not just Rage. Rage just happens to sell a TON of product due to great marketing. That's why I think you see more about the Rage then most others...like with anything there can be 90 great things said but the one thing people like to hang onto are the 10 or so negative.

Attachments

• Rage2.jpg
    Rage2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 516

The Arrow Guru

TV......... well I see Tim Wells, Jay Gregory, Tom Nelson and a few others that nearly always get pass through on their animals. When people say that they are generally talking about MArk and Terry. Mark shoots 51 lbs. Not very much, but he does exactly what he wants to deer. I guess I should read these threads more because I have hit every sort of bone from just about every angle and not only does the head continue to do it's job, but pass throughs are the norm.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=418486&highlight=
Even with marginal penetration, say 8 - 10" if a broad head goes into the lungs, your dogs would not be needed.

nhancedsvt

Banned
I don't have a problem with Rages. My brother uses them and I was hunting with him when he killed a deer with them. The deer didn't make it far and it died. Blood trail was great also. I almost went the Rage route this year but decided to test out the Grim Reaper Whitetail specials...they worked too. It's all about having a tuned bow and shot placement.

The Arrow Guru

I don't have a problem with Rages. My brother uses them and I was hunting with him when he killed a deer with them. The deer didn't make it far and it died. Blood trail was great also. I almost went the Rage route this year but decided to test out the Grim Reaper Whitetail specials...they worked too. It's all about having a tuned bow and shot placement.

:cheers: