2012 Secret Shenanigans (Secret Santa) sign up! (CLOSED)

quinn

I think the name of the person he got should be the skeerred one!

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
OK folks, if we don't have any more takers tomorrow, I'll close it down and start assigning Santa's/recipients :yeah:

crackerdave

Tell us newcomers to the Secret Santa Club a little more about it.Is it supposed to be "gag" gifts,or useful ones,or what?

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
Sugar if you are in charge of this, how do you give someone your name?? You do get a secret Santa dont you?

Yes, I'll have a Secret Santa, as well. Even though I'll know who has me as a recipient, I won't know what they'll be sending. And, I promise you, every name is picked at random, so nobody "gets" anyone they've asked for.

im in.... oh gosh!

YAY!! :yeah:

Tell us newcomers to the Secret Santa Club a little more about it.Is it supposed to be "gag" gifts,or useful ones,or what?

Good idea! For those of you that are new to this:

Once everyone is signed up, I'll make a list of the entrants, in the order you see it in the OP. I'll make a duplicate of that list an cut it into strips- to be folded and thrown in a hat. Then, I draw a name and send you a PM with your recipient's info.

Your gift can be a gag or something useful. I like to include something funny and something useful. Some like to send homemade things (jams, crafty items and so on). It's really up to you.

I like to point out, that it's BEST to keep an open mind about the gifts you may receive. Generally speaking, items that would truly offend someone should not be sent. But, again, open minds are best...:biggrin2:

There's no deadline as to when your gift should be sent out, but the earlier, the better. It's that time of year when the USPS goes haywire and delays are the norm.

And please, please, please, PLEASE - if you cannot, for whatever reason, fulfill your Santa duties, PLEASE let me know.

Last year, we had two people sign up ( a couple- b/f & g/f) and they never came through. After numerous PM's and promises, myself and another generous soul stepped in to make things right.

If y'all have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

(added this info to the OP as well)

mudracing101

Yes, I'll have a Secret Santa, as well. Even though I'll know who has me as a recipient, I won't know what they'll be sending. And, I promise you, every name is picked at random, so nobody "gets" anyone they've asked for.

Ok, i just wanted to make sure that you wasnt going thru with all this trouble and not being able to be on the recieving end too:D

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member

Once everyone is signed up, I'll make a list of the entrants, in the order you see it in the OP. I'll make a duplicate of that list an cut it into strips- to be folded and thrown in a hat. Then, I draw a name and send you a PM with your recipient's info.

Your gift can be a gag or something useful. I like to include something funny and something useful. Some like to send homemade things (jams, crafty items and so on). It's really up to you.

I like to point out, that it's BEST to keep an open mind about the gifts you may receive. Generally speaking, items that would truly offend someone should not be sent. But, again, open minds are best...:biggrin2:

There's no deadline as to when your gift should be sent out, but the earlier, the better. It's that time of year when the USPS goes haywire and delays are the norm.

And please, please, please, PLEASE - if you cannot, for whatever reason, fulfill your Santa duties, PLEASE let me know.

Last year, we had two people sign up ( a couple- b/f & g/f) and they never came through. After numerous PM's and promises, myself and another generous soul stepped in to make things right.

We can't stress this enough, please let Sugar Plum know, sometimes things come up & it can't be helped!:cool:

Sugar Plum

Nurse Shuga
Ok, i just wanted to make sure that you wasnt going thru with all this trouble and not being able to be on the recieving end too:D

Thanks :love: I'd have to be some special sort of crazy for that! :p

We can't stress this enough, please let Sugar Plum know, sometimes things come up & it can't be helped!:cool:

Very true. We know things come up, but let us know. We'll be happy to help!

kracker

Gone, but not Forgotten
I'm in.

God save The Queen.

boneboy96

In other words...Mid February is a little late! :O :bounce: